Environment and Health Summer Intern JR18445
Milwaukee, WI, USA
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Ramboll is accepting applications for the Summer 2022 internship program at our office located near downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
This program will occur during Summer 2022. Each participant will be assigned a mentor who will guide them through project assignments. The program will provide internship participants with the opportunity to gain experience working in one or more practice areas, such as site investigation & remediation in both upland and aquatic environments, brownfields redevelopment, and/or due diligence. Our goal is to afford our interns experience with a variety of projects during the summer program in order to broaden their understanding of how we provide solutions for complicated environmental and health & safety issues. The work environment will be both in the office and in the field.
In addition to hands-on environmental consulting experience, Milwaukee office interns will also participate in a series of web-based, interactive workshops along with the other Summer 2022 Ramboll interns across the U.S.
Resumes will be collected and reviewed by an internship panel. After the review process, qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews in a virtual setting. Interns will be paid on an hourly basis and will be overtime eligible. Housing and relocation expenses are the responsibility of the intern.
As our new Intern you will be part of Ramboll’s diverse, creative, and collaborative team. When you start with Ramboll, you’ll be joining a company that strives to make a difference – for our employees, clients and society. As you work on challenging projects, you will be given increasing responsibility – while also being able to rely on experienced managers and colleagues to offer support and a helping hand as you learn and develop in your role.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, your starting point is:
- Candidates should be working toward a B.S. or M.S. degree in Chemical, Civil, Geological, or Environmental Engineering; Environmental Sciences; Geology or Geological Sciences and should be interested in pursuing a career in environmental consulting.
- Candidates with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above and a major GPA of 3.0 or above are strongly preferred. Candidates must be a Junior or Senior at a four-year college with ABET accreditation in the fields listed above. Candidates with anticipated graduation dates of December 2021 or May 2022 are strongly preferred.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 50% on average over the summer and possess a valid driver’s license. Travel may include overnight stay and may be out of state. Travel duration may range from 1 to 10 days, depending upon the specific requirements of each project.
- The physical requirements of this position may include the need for climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing/sitting/walking, pushing/pulling, and lifting up to 40 lbs. In certain situations, this position may expose the candidate to extremes in weather (hot/cold); to high noise levels, and to hazards such as a proximity to moving machine parts and moving vehicles, electrical current and exposure to chemicals. Employees may be required to take specific training and to wear PPE on some occasions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organization and time management
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
Welcome to Ramboll
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online https://ramboll.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Early_Careers/job/Milwaukee-WI/Environment-and-Health—Summer-Intern—Milwaukee–WI_JR18445
Attach your resume, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application!