Entry-Level/Early Career Multi-Media Consultant – Baton Rouge JR18575
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Ramboll’s Baton Rouge office is looking to add an entry-level team member to work in our multi-media practice. To succeed in this role, you must have a B.S./M.S. in geology/ hydrogeology, environmental sciences, engineering (environmental/chemical/civil) or related fields and 0-3+ years of related experience.
Are you our new Consultant? Click the apply-button to send your application!
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop personal excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Environment & Health Division
As our new Consultant you will be part of our interdisciplinary team in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. You will work with all levels of expertise from entry level team members to members with decades of experience, many of whom are subject matter experts in their fields. Consultants and Managers are part of a continual learning environment where they learn through coaching, mentoring and on-the-job tasks.
An ideal candidate would have experience in some or all of the following related fields:
- Preparation of NEPA Environmental Assessments;
- Environmental media sampling and investigations;
- Wetland Sciences and Delineations;
- ASTM Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments;
- State/federal multi-media permitting and compliance support;
- Preparation of compliance plans – stormwater pollution prevention plans, spill prevention control and countermeasure plans, waste contingency plans, etc.;
- Risk Evaluation & Corrective Action Program (RECAP) Investigations & Assessments;
- Evaluating federal, state and local environmental regulatory requirements for waste, air quality, and water quality programs and preparing associated plans, permits, and reports;
- Computer-Aided Design(CAD); Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
- Assisting in the preparation and editing of technical reports;
- Collection and management of environmental samples.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Candidates must have a BS or MS in B.S./M.S. in geology/hydrogeology, environmental sciences, engineering (environmental/chemical/civil) or related fields from an accredited institution and have 0-3 years of experience in a related field.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% average over the year and possess a valid driver’s license. Travel may include overnight stay and may be out of state. Travel duration may range from one to ten days, depending upon the specific requirements of each project. Work hours will vary based on project requirements and client requests. Overtime pay is available to Junior-level employees.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- CAD/GIS proficiency a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to manage time efficiently and independently
- Detail oriented
- Active listener
- Ability and willingness to work as a responsible, independent team player in a fast-paced consulting environment, including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Physical requirements for this role may include: climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing/sitting/walking, pushing/pulling, and lifting up to 40 lbs. In certain situations, this position may expose the candidate to extremes in weather (hot/cold); high noise levels, to hazards such as a proximity to moving machine parts and moving vehicles, electrical current and exposure to chemicals. Employees will be required to take specific training and to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) on some occasions.
Welcome to our Environment & Health Division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase livability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a global people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
An equal opportunity employer
At Ramboll, we respect human rights and believe that equality, diversity and inclusion foster the best results and a welcoming work environment without discrimination or harassment.
Ramboll conducts all relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
We invite applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, pregnancy and maternity, military service and veteran status or any other status protected by the law, to become a part of our journey.
We believe that diversity is a strength and that differences between people add value to our organization and allows us to play our part in creating sustainable societies.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application!