Engineering Intern/Co-Op JR18826
St. Louis, MO, USA
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Ramboll is accepting applications for the student interns and/or co-op position for Spring/Summer 2022 at our office located in St. Louis, MO. Ramboll will provide you with the opportunity to gain experience working in one or more practice areas, such as site investigation & remediation and air quality permitting. Our goal is to afford our student’s experience with a variety of projects in order to broaden their understanding of how we provide solutions for complicated environmental and health & safety issues. The work environment will be both in the office and in the field.
Resumes will be collected and reviewed by management. After the review process, qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews in a virtual setting. Interns will be paid on an hourly basis and will be overtime eligible. Housing and relocation expenses are the responsibility of the intern.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Environment and Health department
As our new intern/co-op you will be part of St. Louis’s ambitious, diverse, creative, and collaborative team. When you start with Ramboll, you’ll be joining a company that strives to make a difference – for our employees, clients and society. As you work on challenging projects, you will be given increasing responsibility – while also being able to rely on experienced managers and colleagues to offer support and a helping hand as you learn and develop in your role. Typical responsibilities include:
- Assisting with development of comprehensive site or facility investigations by participating in scope of work development, field work and data analysis to characterize chemicals in soil, sediments, surface water, groundwater, air and building surfaces.
- Evaluation of environmental data to support environmental fate and transport assessments and extent and magnitude of contamination determinations for the evaluation of site closure options.
- Preparation of air permit applications and air emissions calculations.
- Rule research and interpretation.
- Working with clients to develop project air data, documentation and reports.
- Regulatory compliance reporting and air emission inventories.
- Special projects as directed.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, your starting point is:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good time management
- Detail oriented
- Active listener
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Candidates must be working on a BS/MS/PhD in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology or a related discipline.
- Classwork or experience with fate and transport, hydraulic and/or hydrogeological modelling and GIS mapping a plus.
- Knowledge of air permitting and modeling.
- Experience with state air permitting and federal Clean Air Act regulations such as New Source Performance Standards and Maximum Achievable Control Technology standards a plus.
- The physical requirements of this position may include the need for climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing/sitting/walking, pushing/pulling and lifting. Employees may be required to take specific training and to wear personal protective equipment on some occasions.
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
An equal opportunity employer
At Ramboll, we respect human rights and believe that equality, diversity and inclusion foster the best results and a welcoming work environment without discrimination or harassment.
Ramboll conducts all relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
We invite applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, pregnancy and maternity, military service and veteran status or any other status protected by the law, to become a part of our journey.
We believe that diversity is a strength and that differences between people add value to our organization and allows us to play our part in creating sustainable societies.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application!