Early Career Industrial Hygienist/Safety Consultant JR16572
Portland, Oregon; Seattle or Vancouver, Washington, USA
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Ramboll US Consulting, Inc. (Ramboll) is seeking a Consulting Industrial Hygienist/Safety professional to provide office level and field support for projects throughout the United States. This position will provide the opportunity to work with a highly skilled team of industrial hygienists, health scientists and environmental professionals from our Pacific Northwest region. The successful candidate will have 1 to 3 years of experience, preferably in a consulting environment, and practical knowledge in the following areas:
- Industrial hygiene and safety principles and practices.
- Standard industrial hygiene equipment and sampling protocols and occupational health and safety laws and regulations is strongly desired.
- Risks and hazards associated with occupational and environmental exposures to various hazardous materials, such as asbestos, silica, lead, hexavalent chromium, and other chemical and physical hazards.
- Issues related to indoor environmental quality, including mold and other biological hazards, is desired.
- Occupational safety rules and regulations as established by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration related to hazardous waste operations strongly desirable.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Our mission, to create sustainable societies where people and nature flourish, creates opportunities to leave a positive impact on the environment through creativity and leadership.
You will join our Ramboll Environment & Health department
As our new Consultant, you will be part of our interdisciplinary team in the Americas, engaging with other business and technical professionals. You will work with all levels of technical expertise, from entry level team members to members with decades of experience, many of whom are subject matter experts in their own fields. You will engage in a continual learning environment through coaching, mentoring, and on the job tasks
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- B.S. degree in industrial hygiene, occupational safety, or another related field
- 1 to 3 years of experience, preferably in a consulting environment.
- Licenses or certifications to conduct lead, asbestos, and other building hazardous materials surveys
- 40-hour HAZWOPER trained
- Excellent oral, written, and computer skills
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, conduct research, and meet project deadlines
- Attention to detail and diligence in preparing project deliverables
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase livability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a privately-held people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
An equal opportunity employer
At Ramboll, we respect human rights and believe that equality, diversity and inclusion foster the best results and a welcoming work environment without discrimination or harassment.
Ramboll conducts all relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
We invite applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, pregnancy and maternity, military service and veteran status or any other status protected by the law, to become a part of our journey.
We believe that diversity is a strength and that differences between people add value to our organization and allows us to play our part in creating sustainable societies.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start.
We look forward to receiving your application!