Early-Career Due Diligence Consultant JR18619
Pacific Northwest, North America
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Ramboll is seeking a highly motivated Consultant to join the Pacific Northwest Business Unit (Portland, Oregon; Vancouver, Washington; or Seattle, Washington offices). We invite you to bring your talent, enthusiasm and excitement into play as you help solve a wide array of environmental challenges. Successful candidates will have a B.S. or M.S. in a relevant engineering discipline (chemical, civil, or environmental) or in a relevant science discipline (geology or chemistry) and interest in conducting environmental due diligence assessments (i.e., Phase I Environmental Site Assessments) and evaluation of environmental regulatory compliance.
Are you our new Due Diligence Consultant? Click the apply-button to send your application!
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Pacific Northwest Business Unit
As our new Consultant, you will be part of a small, progressive team of scientists and engineers located in the Seattle, Washington or Portland, Oregon area.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Conduct environmental due diligence projects, including limited compliance reviews for industrial and commercial transactions. Preparation of custom reports tailored to client-specific needs or standard Phase I Environmental Site Assessments consistent with ASTM standards is required.
- Prepare concise reports that assess environmental impacts, potential environmental liabilities, and environmental compliance matters at target facilities.
- Provide technical analysis of site contamination and regulatory compliance issues and preparing technical reports that effectively communicate findings.
- Critically reviewing and interpreting environmental regulations.
- Support multiple projects and meet high quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support Ramboll’s West Coast due diligence team by assisting in projects in the PNW as well as other western US states.
- Following corporate health and safety standards.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- B.S. or M.S. in a relevant engineering discipline (chemical, civil, or environmental) or in a relevant science discipline (geology or chemistry).
- Interest in conducting environmental due diligence assessments (i.e., Phase I Environmental Site Assessments) and evaluation of environmental regulatory compliance.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS and EarthSoft EQuIS software programs is beneficial
- Academic experience that provides a basis of understanding the importance of environmental regulations.
- Strong technical skills and experience or interest in writing technical reports.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include the following abilities:
- Outgoing attitude, willing to take on new challenges with enthusiasm
- Multi-tasking on numerous technical projects while maintaining flexibility
- Excellent writing skills and knowledge of GIS or other data interpretation/visualization software.
- Working independently with minimal supervision
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment with other technical experts locally, or in other offices
- Willingness to travel occasionally (including trips involving one to two overnights). Up to 25% of work may involve travel
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in North America
Ramboll has more than 1,000 experts working in North America, applying their professional knowledge across services including Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company where you and your colleagues are trusted to perform and deliver in a friendly and flexible work environment. We invite you to join us in working to solve the challenges facing societies, companies and people around the world.
An equal opportunity employer
At Ramboll, we respect human rights and believe that equality, diversity and inclusion foster the best results and a welcoming work environment without discrimination or harassment.
Ramboll conducts all relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
We invite applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, pregnancy and maternity, military service and veteran status or any other status protected by the law, to become a part of our journey.
We believe that diversity is a strength and that differences between people add value to our organization and allows us to play our part in creating sustainable societies.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right match for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.