RMD is seeking a Manufacturing Technician for Scintillator Processing for crystal growth production and development to develop novel scintillation and semiconductor materials for radiation detection applications. Radiation Monitoring Devices, Inc. (RMD), founded in 1974, has been recognized as a national leader in the specialized fields of radiation detector materials, nuclear instrumentation, and custom detector applications. RMD has a unique corporate culture that incorporates a combination of intellectual excellence, cutting-edge research, as well as diversity, stability and flexibility that combine to create an outstanding working environment. The organization is built around the principle that when the best people in the field are encouraged to merge their entrepreneurial spirit with their knowledge and curiosity, the best work product will emerge. Ultimately, through the pursuit of individual success and achievement, the organization will benefit. To learn more, please check us out at www.RMDinc.com
· Cutting and polishing scintillator crystals
· Packaging scintillator crystals
· Record keeping and tracking work in process
· Testing detector performance
· Equipment maintenance
· Ability to work with hands in a laboratory/manufacturing environment. Patient, careful work on fragile crystals.
· Technical background. At least high school degree. Associates degree in a technical field preferred. Relevant manufacturing experience is desired, but entry level candidates will be considered.
· Good communication skills.
· Moderate Computer Skills (some Microsoft Office required).
· Flexibility to learn and integrate new technologies as the field evolves.
· Soldering experience is a plus.
· Good manual dexterity and ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs
RMD is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.