Would you like to be part of a diverse, global team working on cutting-edge projects to help humankind and to make a positive difference in the world?
We are looking for a passionate Machine Learning Intern to join our team and help us develop our product for COVID-19 Risk Analysis. This is an unpaid position.
In addition to the core epidemiological model, which uses Pyro, we have a need for ancillary models, such as for detecting face-mask usage, mask fit, and social distancing from images/video, as well as a contextualizer. We have a deep learning model for face-mask usage that needs to be developed further and deployed. We are also currently developing a psychological-behavioural model. These are interesting and challenging projects. Gain experience working on mitigating a huge real-world problem: COVID-19.
- Writing effective, scalable code
- Develop Machine Learning (ML) models to contribute to our COVID-19 modeling.
- Obtain and classify data for training and testing.
- Train & Assess ML models
- Integrate / Deploy ML models
- Acquire access to necessary ongoing data feeds to facilitate their use
- Develop back-end components in Python for responsiveness and overall performance
- Perform Data Analysis
- Document code & progress
- Collaborate with the team
- Test and debug programs, including with automated unit tests
Responsibilities may be adjusted based on needs and skills.
- Experience with machine learning, deep learning.
- Proficient with Python development and data analysis.
- Experience with Pyro or another probabilistic programming language (PPL) a plus.
- Geospatial statistics experience preferred.
- Ability to follow a high-paced Agile development process, working on a small team
- Team spirit
- Good problem-solving skills
- Generally self-reliant, but willing to seek help when overall more efficient
- Willingness to contribute your skills to respond to COVID-19 and future pandemics.
This micro-internship is for Fall 2021; the duration & hours are negotiable.