Would you like to be part of a diverse, global team working on cutting-edge projects to help humankind and to make a positive difference in the world?
We are looking for a passionate Full-Stack Developer Intern to join our team and help us develop our product for COVID-19 Risk Analysis. This is an unpaid position.
- Writing effective, scalable code
- Design layout of web app & UX
- Graphical design (basic)
- Design & develop front-end components for the web UI for improved user experience, while also designing for future maintainability and extensibility/adaptability.
- Develop back-end components in Python for responsiveness and overall performance
- Migrate to Django
- Assist with PostgreSQL/PostGIS database design & coding
- Update design & implementation as needed to accommodate new features and data
- Develop a low/no-code platform to facilitate crowd-sourcing macro-model data, particularly COVID-19 data.
- Develop no-code UI components for easily entering micro-modeling scenarios, including local spatiotemporal data.
- Document code & progress
- Collaborate with the team
- Test and debug programs, including with automated unit tests
Responsibilities may be adjusted based on needs and skills.
- Experience developing front-end web UI components & code, and web app UX design.
- Experience with Python development with Django and SQL.
- GIS/spatial database experience preferred.
- Familiarity with image editing & drawing tools.
- Artistic ability
- Ability to follow a high-paced Agile development process, working on a small team
- Team spirit
- Good problem-solving skills
- Willingness to contribute your skills to respond to COVID-19 and future pandemics.
This micro-internship is for Fall 2021; the duration & hours are negotiable.