Would you like to be part of a diverse, global team working on cutting-edge projects to help humankind and to make a positive difference in the world?
We are looking for a passionate Epidemiologist Intern to join our team and help us develop our product for COVID-19 Risk Analysis. This is an unpaid position.
- Evaluate and analyze data using accepted statistical and biostatistical techniques
- Conduct data analysis, management and visualizations of COVID-19 data
- Link large datasets to other sources of data
- Identify alternative or supplemental data sources to augment locally collected data
- Work closely with the scientific team and collaborators to provide operational parameters to ongoing research
- Conduct critical literature review(s) of COVID-19 research available
- Performs other duties as assigned
- College Junior/Senior or undergraduate or higher level degree: major field of study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences, Biostatistics or allied sciences appropriate to the internship of the position
- Familiarity with current, state-of-the-art statistical methods
- Knowledge related to the principles, theories, and practices of epidemiological studies
- Ability to participate in multidisciplinary study team
- Ability to oversee data entry to develop risk assessments, data cleaning, and data quality assessment and documentation with strong knowledge or experience with epidemiologic study design
This micro-internship is for Fall 2021; the duration & hours are negotiable.