Would you like to be part of a diverse, global team working on cutting-edge projects to help humankind and to make a positive difference in the world?
We are looking for a passionate Database Developer Intern to join our team and help us develop our product for COVID-19 Risk Analysis. This is an unpaid position.
- Writing effective, scalable code
- Developing back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Redesign/Optimize Database schema
- Migrate from SQLite3 to PostgreSQL/PostGIS & HDF5, Reimplementing Database code
- Update design & implementation as needed to accommodate new features and data
- Import & process relevant data into a form convenient for modeling.
- Develop automated importation tools & web scrapers to periodically extract and integrate time-dependant data from data feeds
- Document code & progress
- Collaborate with the team
- Test and debug programs, including with automated unit tests
Responsibilities may be adjusted based on needs and skills.
- Knowledgeable of ORDBMS concepts & database design
- Experienced & proficient with SQL and Python
- GIS/Geospatial database experience preferred
- NoSQL/Hierarchical database experience a plus
- Ability to follow a high-paced Agile development process, working on a small team
- Team spirit
- Good problem-solving skills
- Willingness to contribute your skills to respond to COVID-19 and future pandemics.
This micro-internship is for Fall 2021; the duration & hours are negotiable.