Quanterix is a company on a mission to change the way in which healthcare is provided by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the continuum from health to disease. In our focused therapeutic areas, our revolutionary technology, Simoa®, is helping researchers advance the science of precision health. Simoa® is changing the way in which the biology of health and disease is studied by giving researchers the ability to closely examine critical biomarkers in most therapeutic areas including neurology, infectious disease, oncology, inflammation, and cardiology. To continue our extraordinary growth, we are hiring a Research Intern located in Billerica, MA.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated candidate to join our Research team. This individual will provide technical and operational support for multiple research projects driving development of next generation Simoa® technology and continuous improvement of existing assays and products. The ideal candidate is organized and detail oriented, a quick learner and an excellent communicator.
What You’ll Do:
- Test novel detection chemistries to support development of Quanterix’s next generation microfluidics / Point-of-care Simoa® instrument
- Troubleshoot and optimize immunoassays based on Quanterix’s HDX technology
- Generate high quality assay data to support multiple projects
- Perform data analysis and draw scientific conclusions
- Summarize work in the form of PowerPoint presentations and/or scientific publications
- Communicate with group members as well as colleagues in other organizations of Q about experiment plans and results
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Majoring in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Engineering, or similar
- Students in their final year or recent graduates are preferred
- Prior experience in research laboratories or industry laboratories required
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills
- Comfortable with computer-driven data analysis
- Able to multi-task
Why You’ll Like Working For Us:
Our Technology: Quanterix’ technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognoses and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas. The company was established in 2007 and is in Billerica, Massachusetts. For additional Information, please visit https://www.quanterix.com.
Our Commitment To Employees: We have a free, state-of-the-art onsite fitness center for all employees. To keep you fueled up, we provide onsite employees free bagels every Monday morning, and free snacks and drinks every day! Quanterix hosts Virtual Bingo nights with all employees when we can see families, pets, and win amazing prizes. Unwind on Tuesdays and Thursdays with a virtual yoga session. In addition to competitive compensation and a 401k plan with an employer match, we offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents. We offer a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurances, and Mental Health Care, we offer generous Maternity & Paternity leave, Family Medical Leave, Fertility Assistance, Dependent Care, Military Leave and Vacation Carryover. All employees are awarded Equity, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a Performance Bonus, and 1:1 Financial Counseling/Planning. We also offer Tuition Assistance.
Our Culture: Quanterix is committed to a Diverse and Inclusive workplace. We have a Diversity Program with Executive Sponsorship. Our core values are Accountability, Teamwork, Trust, and Transparency OR ATT2. Meet some of our team HERE. Quanterix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Quanterix will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.