Over the last few decades the Modem Hardware team at Qualcomm has been the instrumental driving force behind the mobile communications revolution, having touched every aspect of our modern day life. From the early days of CDMA to 3G UMTS, 4G LTE, LTE Advanced, and now onto 5G NR and beyond, they have been key players in moving these technologies from concept to lab to actual mass scale real life deployments.
The Modem + WRD HW Teams are looking for interns to work on projects that will span both cellular (LTE, 5G) and WiFi (802.11be) standards and related but not specific to: Participating in all stages of RTL development for modem physical and MAC layer processing. Developing verification components using System Verilog and UVM. Writing test cases and achieve coverage closure. Participating in Model cellular modem datapaths for bit exact correctness and verification of wireless modem. Collaborating with Systems and Verification teams to support the analysis & debugging of issues and so much more!
- In Study towards a BS degree in EE, CE, or ECE
- C, Perl, Verilog, System Verilog, C++, Matlab,
- Courses taken in: Digital Design Principles, RTL, Verification, Problem Solving and Analytical skills
- Must be available for 3 months during Summer 2022 (May-September) with a graduation date of December 2022 or later
- In Study towards a MS degree in EE, CE, or ECE
- Course work in design verification (UVM, OVM).
- Digital design fundamentals and digital signal processing
- Course work or understanding of Wireless Communication, digital communication, communication theory
- Logic design, Problem solving, Computer Architecture
- Course work on VLSI design.
- Familiarity with digital design and digital signal processing
Qualcomm’s Internship Program
Working at Qualcomm may be the closest you’ll get to experiencing time travel. You won’t just work in a lab or write lines of code. Our interns join world-class teams to help define and build what is next for mobility and the world.
You’ll be paired with a mentor with visibility to your project and team, receive support from your manager and have access to the entire Qualcomm employee community to ensure your success.
In addition to competitive pay and accrued vacation time, you will receive relocation coverage and furnished housing accommodations for the duration of your internship.