Design Engineering, Internship
Qorvo is All Around You! We manufacture innovative RF solutions at the center of connectivity to enable high-performance applications for advanced wireless devices, wired and wireless networks and defense radar and communications for 5G networks, cloud computing, the Internet of Things, and other emerging applications. We are a global company thriving on a culture of innovation, diversity, and inclusion. Our people are always at the core of Qorvo’s innovation. Qorvo is a place to stretch your imagination and push boundaries to achieve success. Learn more about Top 10 Reasons to make a career at Qorvo.
NOTE: Because this is a student internship, candidate must be a currently enrolled student in a degree-seeking accredited program.
This is a full-time Intern position located in Richardson, TX. The position will be temporary in nature and last approximately 3-months.
Desired Degree: BS/MS/PhD Electrical Engineering – Focus on RF Microwave Circuit Design
Design of a module or small MMIC product:
• MMIC and/or PCB/EVB design
• Perform linear, non-linear, and electromagnetic (EM) circuit simulations using a combination of commercially available tools.
• Prepare and present design review(s) to peers summarizing work/results.
• Measure and analyze RF performance of MMICs and/or modules MMICs in the engineering lab.
- RF MMIC and/or package design.
- Co-simulation of die with package.
- RF measurements,
- Technical reports
- Support of design team
- 3.0 GPA or higher.
- US Person or Green Card Holder.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineering with focus on RF/Microwave circuit design.
- Student must have completed some relevant analog/RF circuit design course work.
- Proficient with either ADS or MWO CAD simulation software.
- Familiar with Sonnet, Momentum, Axiem.
The above duties are not intended to be all-inclusive or permanent. The requirements of the position may change based on the business need. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change.
Work Authorization: Because this position is located at our Richardson, TX location where we have contracts with the US government, qualified candidates must have US Worker status. This usually means they are a US citizen or hold a green card. Students on visas such as F-1 or J-1 do not qualify. If you hold one of these visas, we encourage you to apply to any of our positions in other company locations