QLS Advisors LLC (“QLS”) is a multi-stage investment manager dedicated to quantitative and research-driven investing in healthcare and life science companies. The company is developing a portfolio of private and public companies which span multiple therapeutic areas and stages of development. Our mission at QLS is to apply tools from financial analysis and data science to foster biomedical innovation and get transformative therapies to patients faster.
We’re looking for data scientists to help solve some of these challenging problems and lay the foundation of our machine learning platform.
As a Data Scientist at QLS, your work will focus on the intersection of clinical trials, biomedical portfolio optimization, and financial markets.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Using machine-learning, applied mathematics, and techniques from modern statistics to develop and refine QLS models.
- Incorporating models with financial time series to develop trading algorithms based on those models.
- Researching novel machine learning algorithms and predictive features to expand model capabilities.
- Designing and maintaining the machine learning infrastructure that powers QLS analytics.
- Implementing tools to automate data collection, processing, exploration, and preliminary analysis.
- Ensuring quality assurance test designs and developing test systems architecture.
You will have the opportunity to work in a company culture that is collegial and relaxed, but focused and hard-working. Since we are a startup, there are many impactful projects to work on, and we expect every QLS employee to significantly contribute to our mission to accelerate biomedical innovation.
To be successful in this role with us, you will need:
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics, or a related field, preferably with a focus on machine learning or artificial intelligence
- At least two years of relevant work experience, which can include course work or academic research.
- Experience developing machine learning/statistical models, ideally using Python.
- Intellectual curiosity, self-motivation, and the ability to adapt and learn quickly in a fast-moving environment.
- Applicants need to be results-oriented people who work well both independently and as part of a team.
For the right candidate, we’ll offer a competitive salary plus target bonus. Your compensation package will be rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours with work-from-home options.
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans.
- 401(k) tiered matching program.
- Flexible Spending Account (“FSA”).
- Commuter benefits available for public transit.
But most importantly, you’ll be doing impactful work that will benefit patients with a group of people you’ll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
Note: We will be reviewing candidates on a rolling basis.
QLS Advisors LLC is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We do not tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias. QLS Advisors LLC does not accept unsolicited submissions from third parties.