Qfix is a dynamic medical device and polymer composites company, headquartered just southwest of Philadelphia. We are a rapidly growing innovator, manufacturer, and marketer of advanced composite products, providing patient positioning in medical imaging and radiation therapy for the treatment of cancer to over 60 markets across the globe.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Composites Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing composites manufacturing design and processes concurrently as part of the product R&D process. Under general directions with limited review, this position participates in the planning of engineering projects and develops innovative composites designs and processes to meet project goals. The position documents findings, communicates results to engineering staff, and makes technical presentations.
· Works hand in hand with the Composites and Devices Value Stream (production and engineering) to ensure that new and redesigned products are efficient for manufacturing and minimizes the potential for rework and waste.
· Work closely with manufacturing engineers on implementing new designs.
· Work closely with R&D engineers to concurrently develop highly manufacturable composites designs and processes.
· Acts as technical expert in composites materials as well as composites manufacturing processes and techniques.
· Troubleshoot conflicting design/development requirements, difficult coordination requirements, and special material requirements.
· Reviews and develops R&D engineering and product development capabilities.
· Assist in determining the manufacturability of newly designed products.
· Researches, proposes and reviews requests for changes for products within the Company’s portfolio and new product designs.
· Provides direction to design and technical staff on composite design projects
· Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
· Devises new approaches to resolve unusual or complex engineering problems.
· Mentor and guide multi-functional design teams to complete tasks and projects as scheduled.
· Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
· Other tasks as assigned.
– BS in Engineering.
– Minimum 10 years of experience in Advanced Composites Manufacturing. Typical experience may include working with Prepregs, Core Laminates, Hand Layup, RTM, VARTM, Oven Curing, Autoclave Curing and Press Curing.
– Experience with 3D CAD experience, SolidWorks a plus.
– Experience with a variety of tooling techniques for both molding and machining/trimming.
– Experience using Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) tool
– Experience with agile planning and Scrum within product development projects.
– Familiarity with Lean concepts and implementation.