Main Job Description:
Committed to a career of purpose and impact?
PGI’s MBA Fellowship is a highly selective,10-week paid Fellowship that prepares MBAs to lead a more sustainable and inclusive capitalism. PGI Summer Fellows benefit from three powerful elements:
- a high-impact placement at one of our purpose-driven partners, as summer interns, with the potential for full-time offers;
- Weekly professional development sessions and independent work to provide the knowledge & skills, self-reflection, and facilitated peer discussion to grow and gain clarity as a purpose-driven professional; and
- a community of like-minded peers, experts, and mentors to guide your summer experience, and your career beyond.
We do our best (but cannot promise) to match each Fellow with a placement based on your past experience and future goals, alongside the skills our Partner organizations need – so that you can make an immediate impact from the start!
Those Fellows who aren’t matched with a PGI partner will be supported in finding their own internship through the PGI network, and are encouraged to participate fully in the professional development and community elements of the Fellowship.
The PGI Fellowship’s leadership development component enhances Fellows’ learning and performance during their summer internships, while also providing the lifelong tools required to navigate the less-traveled path of a purpose-driven career after your MBA.
Who should apply?
Applicants for the Purposeful Growth Institutes’ MBA Fellowship must be first-year MBA students who are committed to growing purposefully in both their work and life. Candidates do not have to have formal experience with the social sector or personal development, but we do screen for our values:
- Willingness to do self-reflection, learning, and authentic peer interaction;
- Imagination of how business can be a force for good; and
- Courage to do what’s required to advance a more sustainable and inclusive way of working and living.
Successful PGI Fellows have the following qualifications:
- Are curious, flexible, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm for working in diverse (and potentially remote) project sites
- Work smart and have impeccable professional standards
- Would be awesome companions if stranded in an airport for 12 hours
- Minimum of two years of full-time experience (i.e. non-internship) professional work experience
- Full-time graduate student at the time of the application
- Have at least one year of their graduate program left to complete
- Availability for program dates (June 13 – August 19, 2022)
- Commitment to PGIs’ mission and values, and a passion to use their business training as a force for good
The 2022 Fellowship runs from June 13 – August 19, 2022.
Becoming a PGI Fellow involves three key steps:
- Round 1: Application (Applications close on December 17th, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET)
- Applicants will submit their resume and cover letter. We want to learn more about you and will assess if you’ll be a good fit for the Summer Fellowship by reviewing your academic and work history, alongside your resume, to ensure your goals and purpose are aligned with PGIs’ mission.
- You’ll learn if you advance on to the next round in January of 2022
Round 2: Video Submission and Homework Assignment
- Submit answers to prompted questions via video and homework (Jan-Feb 2022)
Round 3: Group Interviews
- Participate in a virtual group interview experience (mid-February 2022)
- Offers Extended: Matching & Placement (March – May 2022)
- Final: Begin Fellowship in June 2022
Compensation: Will be determined by employers, and supplemented by funds from Fellows’ business schools as available. Our guideline to employer partners is the Federal rate of $875/week.
Application Deadline: December 17th, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET