This position will design RF switch/LNA/PA products for cellular handset applications. Product line includes high performance, low cost, high volume multi-throw RF switches, couplers, tunable filters, LNAs, and PAs in both packaged and die form. The candidate will support products during the entire product life cycle from product definition through product release to end-of-life. As part of a cross-functional product development team, the candidate will support other essential disciplines including marketing and applications, project management, characterization, production and test engineering. This position is located in our Arlington Heights, IL office.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
- Product Definition: Assist Marketing in defining new products through feasibility studies and technical competitive analyses
- Product Design and Evaluation: Schematic Capture, IC layout, Simulation, Package Analysis, Evaluation Board Design, Design Validation
- Product Documentation: Document all relevant product and design information to educate others on novel design techniques and provide guidance on product usage
- Product Characterization: Work with Characterization and Test Engineers to define, conduct and analyze data from product performance characterization
- Production ATE Development: Work with Test Engineers to define, develop and ramp production ATE solutions
- Product Support: Work with Applications, Product, Test and Manufacturing Engineers to help answer customer questions, assess field failures, support yield improvements, etc.
- Technology Development: work with Technologists to define the technology roadmap, addressing the performance and functional requirements of the product roadmap
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Critical Thinking: Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
- Working with Ambiguity: Achieves forward progress in the face of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work effectively with limited or partial information.
- Displaying Technical Expertise: Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
- Driving for Results: Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; willing to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work
- Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions: Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for decisions
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
- 3+ years of RF/analog IC product development with strong technical skills including:
- CMOS IC design for commercial applications – bulk and/or SOI processes
- RF IC design – switches, power amplifiers, mixers, PLLs, etc.
- Analog IC design – bandgap voltage references, low-drop out voltage regulators, operational amplifiers etc.
- Understanding of non-linear effects in transistors
- Knowledge of IC fabrication and how this impacts circuit performance
- Familiarity with analog & RF IC layout techniques
- Hands on use of RF measurement equipment to validate performance
- Software tools: Cadence, ADS, HFSS, Matlab/Python
- Strength in documentation clarity and completeness
- Ability to clearly assess and manage risk
- Team player with a strong sense of urgency to meet product requirements on schedule
Minimum Education Requirements
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent degree)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.