Proximai.com is seeking both interns and faculty advisors for the position of an AI Consultant. Our G.A.I.N. (Global Artificial Intelligence Network) team pursues research & development in the areas of machine learning (ML), specifically deep learning (DL), computer vision (CV), natural language processing (NLP), reinforcement learning (RL), and evolutionary algorithms (EA). As a member of the team, you will develop new ML solutions that will help accelerate technology in the Aerospace industry. You will also work on challenging technical problems by collaborating and consulting with teams across companies.
Please feel free to share this opportunity with graduates and faculty for an advisory role.
Ideal Qualifications but not a requirement:
- In-depth expertise in deep learning (DL) and statistical machine learning (ML)
- Expertise in one or more of CV, NLP, RL, EA, search and speech, optimization, time series, generative models, signals, pattern recognition fields, and/or computer graphics fields
- Portfolio or papers demonstrating innovative research
- Good presentation and documentation skills
- Programming skills in Java, Python, C/C++, or CUDA
- Knowledge of common DL frameworks (Tensorflow, Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit, PyTorch)
- Expected to perform well in a fast-paced environment, to execute on the tasks assigned, to meet the production deadlines
- Explore and be creative independently, thinking about how to improve and transform the Aerospace field with AI.
You will research and develop innovative ML strategies for challenging problems that will help accelerate technology in the Aerospace industry. You will collaborate with broader teams across companies to transfer AI/ML solutions. You will have opportunities to provide technical mentorship and guidance and prepare technical reports for publication.
While not a requirement for the position, we hope that you are passionate about space exploration. We also look for strong programming skills that show experience inventing, prototyping (sometimes failing), and delivering advanced algorithmic solutions.
Internship opportunities are available year-round in Solvang & San Luis Obispo, CA.
We are also encouraging and accepting applicants that wish to work remotely through our globally accessible virtual desktop infrastructure.
Execution of a Non-Disclosure Agreement and or Non-Compete and or Background Check are required for certain project engagement opportunities.
Education & Experience:
Currently pursuing a PhD, Masters, or Bachelors degree in Machine Learning, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Natural Language Processing, Robotics, or related areas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.