The Analyst Intern role is a position in which you will participate in all aspects of the firm’s engagements, including assisting with bankruptcy-related financial and legal analysis, litigation, developing complex financial models, providing valuations, evaluating strategic alternatives, and quantifying damages.
After a multi-week intensive training program, Analyst Interns will work closely with all members of the team on a variety of engagements representing clients such as distressed companies (debtors), Chapter 7 and 11 liquidating trustees, lenders, creditors’ committees, and plan administrators in cases spanning all industries.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Technical Skills:
o Analytics: Evaluation of first-day motions, 13-week cash flow analysis, liquidity forecasting, constructing recovery waterfalls, lender update presentations, vendor analysis, SOALs / SOFA/s / MORs, KEIP & KERP analysis, liquidation, wind-down and claims analysis, and three statement models
o Financial Modelling: Creating detailed 3-statement financial models, ad hoc analytics, and company valuations
· Client Focus: Assisting with the preparation of presentation materials and providing thoughtful research and analysis for potential clients
· Communication: Working directly with senior personnel at Province and our clients to develop comprehensive solutions to complex financial challenges across multiple industries. Ability to recognize underlying issues and condense large amounts of financial and legal information into logical, thoughtful, and concise solutions and / or presentations
QUALIFICATIONS / IDEAL CANDIDATE
· Strong academic record from a reputable undergraduate / graduate program
· Relevant work experience in corporate restructuring, investment banking, private equity, finance, financial consulting, or relevant corporate positions with a financial or accounting focus are a plus but not required.
· Advanced PowerPoint and Excel capabilities
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
· Proficient with financial / data analytics
· Must be able to work independently and be effective at multitasking
· Highly detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
· Eager to be responsive at all times and act with urgency
· Exceptional maturity and the corresponding ability to interact with lenders, lawyers, senior executives, and middle managers
· Ability to successfully work in a small, collaborative team environment
· Familiarity with the US Bankruptcy code
WHO WE ARE
Province, LLC is a nationally recognized restructuring financial advisory firm specializing in corporate and creditor advisory, forensic and dispute resolutions, and trustee-related services. The firm creates exceptional value to its clients, consisting of debtors, trustees, and official creditor committees, across a wide array of sectors by providing solutions to some of the most complex business challenges imaginable. With firm offices in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Baltimore, Stamford, and Miami, we are always looking for high-performing talent to expand our professional team.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EEO STATEMENT:
Province, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment to the fullest extent protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management to the extent permitted under applicable law. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position as prescribed by applicable law.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.