Title: External Relations Coordinator
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Director of Development and External Relations
Summary of Responsibilities:
PCM is seeking a talented, motivated External Relations Coordinator to support the growth of its fundraising and outreach efforts, while providing administrative support to the PCM leadership team. The successful candidate will be organized, proactive, an excellent writer, collaborative, and innovative with the interest to support and achieve ambitious goals
• Coordinate and execute donor and prospect strategy developed by the Director of Development and External Relations. This may include support of cultivation, fundraising, and stewardship events, individual solicitations, prospect research, and regular mailings.
• Support the donor lifecycle including moving visitors to members and members to donors through membership upgrades and annual giving.
• Collaborate with the Director of Development and External Relations and External Relations manager to create and manage corporate and foundation identification, solicitation, and reporting.
• Public Relations:
• Executes and creates digital programming based on the ER calendar including creation of social media posts, blog posts, advertising needs, weekly newsletter, and website updates.
• Facilitates social media communications, manages advertising expenses, uses marketing software to create newsletter and email communication, and maintains the existing press list.
• Events support:
• Supports cultivation, member, and fundraising events to promote awareness and visitor/member cultivation.
• General Administrative Duties:
• Provide administrative support to Museum Leadership Team as it relates to fundraising and external relations including scheduling prospect meetings, board committee meetings, and various office maintenance tasks.
• Manage correspondence with Board of Directors and Committees at the direction of Museum Leadership.
• Collaborate with External Relations team including External Relations Manager and Data Coordinator to accomplish department goals. This includes scheduling events, taking minutes, and supporting team with duties as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required; 2-4 years professional experience in fundraising, marketing, or communications preferred.
• An ideal candidate is detail-oriented, flexible, and a capable problem-solver.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, project management, and verbal/written communication skills.
• Proficiency with CRM Systems, Microsoft Excel and Word, social media platforms, and Constant Contact or other email marketing platforms.
• Experience with HTML and Photoshop, InDesign or other design software preferred.