ESG/ Sustainability Intern (Spring 2022)
The Proterra Story
Communities are growing and evolving, and with that, our transportation needs are changing. Now more than ever, we need smart solutions that provide safer, more reliable and cleaner transit. Every day, Proterra works to meet those needs with the world’s best-performing zero-emission buses. Our revolutionary battery-electric buses help fleet operators abandon fossil fuels, improve environmental quality and reduce operating costs. Building battery-electric vehicles for all people requires building an equitable and inclusive company which mirrors that diversity. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is what’s driving our business forward every day. It starts by ensuring that our workplace, workforce and industry reflect all the communities we are proud to serve.
This intern position will provide support to Proterra’s Investor Relations team. You will learn and gain practical experience in a hands-on environment while providing support to client groups at the site and will be in an environment where you can have a greater impact and earn a competitive salary during the program.
About the Role – You will:
· Gain practical experience in a hands-on environment.
· Work on projects and programs currently in progress at Proterra, which allows interns to apply knowledge that contributes to the overall business.
· Assist with the creation of an annual ESG report with determining specific metrics that the organization will report out.
· Assist with data analysis on ESG metrics and ensure accuracy around reporting.
· Serve as a liaison between departments and investor relations team to gather data for ESG reporting.
· Coordinate with internal customers in areas of assigned responsibility.
· Have opportunities to propose new ideas or improvement concepts.
· Work with a mentor that will support and be a resource for you during your internship assignment.
About Our Group:
· As strategic partners, the Proterra team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us to do great things for our company.
· We strive to provide the highest-level service and support to our clients each and every day.
· We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
· We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
· This position will be part of the Investor Relations’ team that supports on key ESG metrics, data analysis and market research around ESG reporting for the organization.
· You will report to the VP of Investor Relations and may collaborate with other team members across our different locations in Burlingame, CA, Los Angeles, CA and Greenville, SC.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
· Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
· Strong time management and organizational skills.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
· Enrollment in a Bachelors program for the Fall 2021 semester in Business with a focus around Sustainability, Finance, Data Analytics or related field. Enrollment in MBA program with Sustainability focus preferred.
· Passion for sustainability
· Must be in your Junior year or later in your current program and having completed coursework that focused on data analysis methodology is crucial.
· Minimum GPA of 3.0
· Apply the theory from college/university course work to real world scenarios / situations.
· Proficient in Microsoft Applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
You might also have:
· Strong quantitative skills
· Ability to be proactive in communication with all levels within the organization.
· Understanding of problem-solving steps and processes to apply in a real-world situation.
Location: Burlingame, CA (but will be working remotely majority of the time)
Temporary Housing: Not available
Length of internship: Part-time (15-20 hours) Spring 2022 Semester
Travel: 0 – 10%
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).