Are you an experienced, motivated engineer who enjoys tackling challenging scientific problems? Promaxo, a diverse, enthusiastic, and growing team, is seeking an organized and self-motivated Manufacturing Engineer. You will significantly contribute to the development and commercialization of novel MRI guided intervention technology. This role will be an evolving position in an exciting start-up company environment.
You would have the following responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and create assembly and test fixtures/tooling to support manufacturing using Solidworks. Create and manage Solidworks CAD models, drawings and assemblies in a PDM system environment. Conduct fixtures/tooling design concept presentations and design reviews, approve supplier’s mass production tooling
- Develop alternative manufacturing processes to optimize product build time and reduce cost. Activities in products cost reduction and Bill of Materials optimization.
· Communicate with suppliers and contract manufacturers on a technical basis to ensure a quality product, obtain quotes, inspect incoming parts and components, generate First Article Inspection (FAI) reports, investigate and define root cause of nonconformances
- Generate detailed assembly and test manufacturing documentation (MPI’s, QAP), manufacturing assembly instructions
- Developing detailed layouts for equipment, assembly and test lines, processes, and workflow
- Summarize all data, documentation and information related to the production system in a detailed report for internal use .
- Liaison with a team of technicians, managers and product developers to ensure a unified goal. Establish training documentation and conduct technician’s training
Are you interested in applying your skills towards developing and supporting a new clinical workflow for a novel low-field MRI system?
Skills and Qualifications
- BS, MS degree in manufacturing, industrial, or mechanical engineering
- Experience using Solidworks and Solidworks Product Data Management (PDM)
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing processes: machining, sheet metal, injection molding, welding, rapid prototyping, thermal forming, cabling, wire harnesses. Experience reading electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Experience with FDA regulated product manufacturing
- Experience with designing fixtures and tooling for manufacturing
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Ability to create and present technical reports
Patients are at the core of what drives our innovation. Promaxo develops customer-centric technological solutions with the purpose of enhancing the quality of care each patient is provided. Join a workplace that values diversity in thought, integrity, and teamwork.