Begin a meaningful career right here.
Do you have a passion for solving tough technical challenges? Are you energized by the opportunity to translate insights into actions that deliver new products and technologies that makes life easy? If so, we have a great opportunity for you!
P&G’s Corporate Analytical organization has an opening for a PhD Scientist to develop and deploy surface analysis methods to drive technology and product development across all business areas. The successful candidate will join a core analytical surface science laboratory where teamwork and individual initiative are highly valued. The group forms active partnerships with technology and product development to support a broad range of initiatives throughout our company. The position is located in P&G’s largest innovation center in Mason, OH. P&G is a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment that demands strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills to successfully deliver business results.
As a PhD Scientist your key responsibilities will include:
• Partnering effectively with multi-functional, multi-disciplinary teams (e.g., Product Development, Technology Development, Product Research, Manufacturing, Packaging, Marketing, etc), providing surface/interface analysis and insights needed to solve surface/interface related problems
• Using your analytical expertise and analytical insights to recommend and guide innovation programs in ways that make significant impacts, and identify new innovation opportunities for the Company
• Being at the forefront of surface science/surface analysis advancements, and identifying, developing, and deploying novel surface analysis capabilities for technical problem solving
• Providing technical coaching/training to others
• Implementing and using digital tools and capabilities to extract insights from our voluminous data
• Creating a greater awareness of Surface Science related capabilities within R&D and their applications
• Developing a vision for surface science/analysis capabilities and applications across P&G’s many consumer product categories
The selected candidate will have:
• Strong technical mastery in surface science
• Demonstrated ability to apply surface analysis for technical problem solving
• A curious mindset and a passion about discovering new things
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to translate data into actionable insights, and use those insights to influence technical discussion and make recommendations
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and guide others
• Strong innovation and creative problem-solving skills
• Great collaboration skills with people inside and outside of P&G’s Analytical disciplines, and external partners (suppliers, universities, national labs, instrument vendors, etc)
• The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environments
The successful candidate must have a PhD degree in a STEM field (e.g., Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Biological Engineering, or related field). An in-depth knowledge of surface science is required (surface chemistry, surface modification, surface self-assembly, or related). Deep technical mastery and hands-on experience in the application of ToF-SIMS and XPS is a must.
Experience in other surface analysis techniques is highly desirable. Postdoctoral and/or industrial experience demonstrating independent research is highly desirable. Familiarity with techniques such as microscopy and surface energy measurements will be a plus.
Familiarity with programming languages (Python, XML, R, C# or Java etc) and Data Analysis tools (machine learning, artificial intelligence, etc) is a plus but not required.
What we offer:
Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment – working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
Promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiatives.
Experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
Get a competitive salary and benefits’ package.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents – internally – mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Experienced Professionals (Job Segmentation)