Business Unit Pratt & Whitney
Job ID 01468158
Most Recent Date Posted 09/01/2021
City East Hartford
Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The Manufacturing Engineering Development Program (MED) is a two year rotational program in Manufacturing Engineering targeted at new college engineering graduates designed to expose you to the high technology, fast-paced world of aviation manufacturing with challenging assignments in the many disciplines of Manufacturing which include part manufacturing, assembly, and specialties such as Coating, Welding, Forging, and Machining.
Development occurs via three 8-month assignments supported with technical training opportunities. At the conclusion of the MED program, graduates will be prepared to assume a role as a manufacturing engineering in one of Pratt & Whitney’s Business Centers.
Rotations start in one of our CT sites (East Hartford or Middletown). There is possibility for second and third rotations to be done at other Pratt Manufacturing sites such as West Palm Beach, FL, Columbus, GA, North Berwick, ME, Middletown, NY, Middletown, PA, Lansing, MI etc.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Identify & implement shop floor process improvements that increase output and reduce overall costs
- Assist in creating and maintaining shop floor work instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, process control, and tooling definition/requirements)
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives that support continuous process improvement
- Participate in special projects that could involve cost reduction, special processes, machining processes and supplier support activities
- Graduating from a undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program by June 2022
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Preferred fields of study are Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- Applicable manufacturing engineering experience and processing knowledge are a strong plus for this position
- You have excellent communication/presentation skills
- You have an understanding of machining and NC programming
- Ability to work with all levels of management, shop personnel and outside vendors
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.