Business Unit Pratt & Whitney
Job ID 01467595
Most Recent Date Posted 09/01/2021
City East Hartford
Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Our internships are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking talented engineering students to join our organization in an internship capacity during the summer of 2022.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Identify & implement shop floor process improvements that increase output and reduce overall costs
- Assist in creating and maintaining shop floor work instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, process control, and tooling definition/requirements)
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives that support continuous process improvement
- Participate in special projects that could involve cost reduction, special processes, machining processes and supplier support activities
- The intern will be given a specific process improvement task to take ownership of, and progress to completion throughout their internship.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- You’re in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Preferred fields of study are Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- Applicable manufacturing engineering experience and processing knowledge are a strong plus for this position
- You have excellent communication/presentation skills
- You have an understanding of machining and NC programming
- Ability to work with all levels of management, shop personnel and outside vendors
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs
- You are ambitious
- You work independently or with multi-functional teams
- You have strong project management skills
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms