As the market leading innovator in energy efficient power conversion, Power Integrations is looking for IC Design Engineering Manager at our San Jose location.
Having pioneered many new power converter topologies and unique control algorithms, Power Integrations is now transforming the AC/DC power conversion market with its highly integrated controller ICs and proprietary high voltage Gallium Nitride (GaN) transistor technology enabling previously unattainable levels of energy efficiency and power density.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual in the field of power electronics to join our dynamic engineering team in capitalizing on this market transformation.
As an IC Design Engineering manager, you will lead a diverse team of individual contributors developing innovative leadership products in the area of efficient power supply controllers and motor drivers. You will work on multiple projects bringing them from definition to design and production.
Your responsibilities will involve taking part in and driving the following activities:
- Working with cross-functional teams to develop chip architecture
- Assisting with FPGA-based emulation
- Leading circuit designers in implementing the architecture using proprietary BiCMOS process
- Driving verification methodology
- Ensuring DFT compliance
- Driving test-to-bench correlation
- Providing inputs and support to test and quality assurance groups
- Working with failure analysis team
- Supporting applications and product definition groups in de-bugging the IC in final applications
MSEE or equivalent
At least 10 years of experience designing analog and mixed-signal circuits and a minimum of 5 years managing a team of design engineers
Proven record of ICs design and productization
Experience in leading/managing a diverse team of strong individual contributors
Experience in designing power supply controllers and motor drivers
Extensive experience designing analog and mixed signal circuits in CMOS and BiCMOS processes
Working knowledge of analog and mixed signal design and verification methodologies at circuit and chip level
Familiarity with Verilog or System Verilog