As an electrical engineering intern, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of engineers and technologists on multiple projects for a range of public and private sector clients. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
The role of this position is to perform a variety of tasks and assignments to aid in the development of knowledge and skills essential to the electrical engineering discipline. Assignments will require good technical understanding of core fundamentals including computer aided drafting. Work performed will be under the direct supervision of a Senior Engineer.
Daily tasks will be intended to provide design/calculation/software experience and interaction with engineering staff.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Prepare contract drawings, specifications, schedules, details and sketches from conceptual design through to construction, with the assistance of senior staff
• Facilitate and ensure the quality of project deliverables
• Follow production guidelines and project standards in the department drafting standards manual
• Provide CAD drafting and basic design assistance for a wide variety of projects, from report stage through design and construction administration
• Assist with pre-, mid-, and post- construction site visits
• Assist in resolution of technical issues on construction sites
• Coordinate with other cross-discipline professionals on assigned projects
Currently a Junior or higher, actively pursuing a degree in one of the specialized areas that PDG works in, including Architecture, Civil Engineering, Surveying, or any other related discipline.