As a Logistics Coordinator, you will work very closely with our Account Executive team to help customers ship their freight across the nation. In this facilitator role, you are responsible for maintaining productive working relationships with customer representatives, motor carriers, and PLS employees. Additional responsibilities include:
· Assign carriers to move shipments based on shipment information.
· Book and schedule all shipments within the assigned Account Executive team.
· Negotiate carrier rates, and choose carriers based on service levels and profitability targets.
· Monitor carrier performance and report carrier failures.
· Maintain direct communication with the Account Executives and leadership team.
· Ensure all loads are covered that are expected to ship each day.
· Demonstrate strong industry knowledge and understanding of various systems.