Position Summary: PPHP’s Promotores program is a peer-to-peer community health education program for Latinx adults that aims to expand access to sexual and reproductive health information and care among the Latinx community. The Promotores and Outreach Coordinator will provide oversight to PPHP’s redesigned Promotores program, including recruitment, training, and ongoing coordination of Promotores activities. The Promotores and Outreach Coordinator will also schedule and coordinate outreach events in Westchester, Rockland, and Putnam counties. This is a part-time position at 21 hours per week. PPHP encourages applicants who are currently in college or have completed some college courses and are looking for valuable experience in sexual and reproductive health and community engagement.
• Coordinate PPHP’s Promotores program in Westchester and Rockland counties, including participant recruitment, facilitating trainings, conducting regular meetings with Promotores participants, and identifying and attending outreach events.
• Schedule, coordinate, and staff community outreach events in Westchester, Rockland, and Putnam counties.
• Identify and develop cooperative working relationships with targeted agencies and communitybased organizations in Westchester and Rockland counties.
• Regularly maintain and report Education and Training education and outreach programming data on all Promotores related activity.
• Represent PPHP at relevant community forums, networks, coalitions, tasks forces and other special events.
• Read and stay current on all information concerning sexuality, reproductive health, and HIV/AIDS. Responsible for the preparation and submission of required paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
• Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by the Education and Training Manager.
• During work hours, regularly checks personal PPHP email account for important agency-related communications.
• Participate in appropriate affiliate and external committees, task forces, and working groups as assigned by the Education and Training Manager.
• Work flexibly and cooperatively with all members of Education & Training.
• Oversee special projects as assigned by the Education and Training Manager.
• During work hours, regularly checks personal PPHP email account for important affiliate-related communications.
Experience, Education and Licensure
• Spanish speaking, reading, and writing fluency required.
• Completion of an accredited high school program required; some college education preferred.
• Good record keeping and time management skills.
• Ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently and work cooperatively with a diverse group.
• Ability to work flexible hours (21 hours per week) including evenings and weekends in the field.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Must have own transportation.
• Computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher.
• Skill in effective public presentations, community networking and targeted outreach. Commitment to the goals of Planned Parenthood.
• All employees are required to demonstrate the importance of the ethical cultural awareness commitment of Planned Parenthood by:
• Demonstrating empathy; recognizing inherent worth, and treating individuals with respect; o Protecting confidentiality of staff; o Appreciating the Planned Parenthood culture and its function in human behavior, and recognizing cultural strengths; and o Seeking to understand patient’s cultures and value of diversity to be able to provide competent services.
• Builds and maintains positive, quality relationships with customers, both intemal (colleagues) and external (patients, clients, donors, etc.).
• Demonstrates commitment to exceeding customer expectations at every opportunity.
• Responds positively to customer concems and demonstrates effective problem-solving skills. Consistently interacts positively with internal and external customers.
• Always wear a PPHP identifying name tag when working.
• Bilingual Spanish skills required.
• Ability to use, read, analyze and learn software programs utilized in this affiliate.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
Compliance, Risk & Quality Management (CRQM):
• Makes a commitment to participate in PPHP’s Compliance, Risk and Quality initiatives and programs.
• Planned Parenthood has zero tolerance for non-compliance with our policies and procedure for addressing situations that endanger the welfare of minors, including our policies and procedures relating to state mandatory reporting laws.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Provides own transportation, is willing to travel, and is able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Commitment to the goals of Planned Parenthood.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.