We are looking for a passionate and talented graphics engineer and/or game development engineer to join Pinscreen’s core engineering and products team. You will work on the most advanced solutions for autonomous virtual humans, AI personal assistants, avatar creation and customization, as well as AR/VR telepresence.
You will leverage your skills by working closely with world-class engineers, AI researchers, and artists, integrate cutting-edge technologies and algorithms into products and develop interactive applications and experiences around virtual avatars. The role is ideal for someone passionate about AR/VR, computer graphics, and user experience design, and who has strong C/C++ programming skills and proficiencies in game engine programming, game development, and computer graphics.
- Architect and develop the next generation platform and software solution for autonomous virtual humans, AI personal assistants, avatar digitization and customization, AR/VR systems, mobile apps, SDKs, gameplay mechanics, AI, player controls, animation, physics, and UI
- You are user experience-focused while collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, and artists in a fast-paced technology-driven development environment
- Rapid prototype, productize, maintain, optimize, and test graphics applications, software solutions and tools.
- You will integrate cutting-edge graphics, vision, and AI technologies as well as research prototypes into actual products and interactive experiences.
- Assist in development schedules, design specifications, and customer requirements.
- Willing to be a generalist when necessary, and tackling misc tool, editor, game engine, build tasks.
- Work on top-secret projects!
- BSc or MSc Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Game Design, or similar
- Strong Software Engineer with 2+ years experience in game development or graphics programming
- Strong passion for Game, AR/VR experiences, Computer Graphics, and User Experience development
- Strong Proficiency in C/C++, C#, HLSL/GLSL, and Game Engine Programming (UE4/Unity)
- Knowledge in Modern Graphics API (OpenGL, DirectX, Vulkan, Metal)
- Strong Familiarity in Object-Oriented Programming, development/build environments: Visual Studio, CMake, Git
- Proficiency in development for Windows, Linux/Android, and/or macOS/iOS
- Strong knowledge in Linear Algebra/3D Math, Data Structures, Algorithms, and Networking
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the areas: Rendering/Shading, Character Animation, UX/Gameplay, Simulation (Rigid Body/Cloth/Hair), Networking, Mobile Game/Console/ Game Design
- Experience in character building/customization systems, editors, and/or content creation tools.
- Professional Experience working on consumer-facing game/application, online console, and/or mobile game titles
- Experience in developing multi-player game design experience and Virtual or Augmented Reality experiences
- Knowledge in designing, architecting, testing, and deploying applications/tools/games, and mobile apps.
- Experience with game or film/VFX character systems such as animation, simulation, and shading/rendering
- Experience with optimization and profiling tools
- Experience with the design of high-level APIs and frameworks
- Experience writing cross-platform code
- Experience working with Blueprints Visual Scripting for Game Engines (UE4)
- Demonstrated industry experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. GitHub)
- Agile development experience
- Exciting challenges with real deliverables and high profile customers
- Great teammates, and the best at what they do
- Deep tech startup with successful track record of generating revenue
- Top of the line technologies, tools, and compute resources
- Employer paid health insurance
- Generous vacation & paid time off
- Flexible remote working plans (esp during Covid)
- Great office location in West Los Angeles