About Phoenix Tailings
Each year the mining industry produces over 200 billion tons of tailings, a waste that comes from global mining operations. Phoenix Tailings is on a mission to eliminate this environmentally harmful waste from the environment while sustainably extracting valuable materials.
What started as an ambitious project to demonstrate the ability to clean up mine tailings, from the garage of our MIT graduates, Phoenix Tailings is now a fast-growing startup that is modernizing the mining industry with its sustainable extraction technology. Phoenix has demonstrated its technology to work at the lab scale and is heading into early pilot stages. We are eager and looking to accelerate this growth by bringing on talented and hard-working people with an ambition to change the world.
Learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJUqZr2wKX4
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who has the desire to better the world, to resolve environmental problems with a global impact, and you are excited about solving the problems and challenges that come with building a startup, this is the place for you.
- You are only crazy if you are wrong
- It’s ok to be wrong
- Lead with Compassion
- Be Resourceful
What we do:
At Phoenix, we build novel chemical processing techniques and technologies that are on the forefront of extracting critical materials that were previously trapped in tailings, solving the waste remediation process of the mining industry, and revolutionizing the mining industry with our zero waste mining solutions.
Who we are looking for:
Phoenix Tailings is looking for a rockstar co-op to join our team in Woburn. Reporting to the VP of Partnerships & Co-Founder of Phoenix, the Entrepreneurship Co-op will be a critical member supporting the commercial development of the startup. They will have a fully immersive experience about what it is like to build an enterprise from the ground up. By the end of the co-op, the student will have all of the knowledge they need to launch their own endeavor or with Phoenix and will have played a key in pursuing our vision of a Zero Waste World.
Even though this role reports to the VP of Partnerships, you will be a trusted resource for all team members.
What you will do:
- Create & design pitch decks for customers
- Conduct market research and information gathering
- Consolidate data to create reports and presentations
- Support business model development
- Source new customers and opportunities
- Support in navigating government relationships, sourcing & writing grants, and any other opportunity that arises for the advancement of the business
- Assist business team with other ad-hoc tasks as required
What you have:
We are looking for initiative takers who enjoy the rigor and excitement of a fast-paced startup and are finding ways to make an impact in the world. You will work well with us if you are:
- Highly motivated to succeed and have a strong work ethic to back it up
- Excited to take the initiative and find new opportunities for the business
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Excel within a team environment and motivate others around them
- Ability to quickly understand complex ideas and extract relevant information from technical sources
- Honestly – if you are a hustler, and willing to take feedback quickly, learn and work hard, you will do excellent here
- Currently pursuing an MBA
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining. We offer an attractive compensation package with benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and an unlimited vacation policy. This is an opportunity to work in an innovative, exciting, and fast-paced environment focused on revolutionizing how the world’s primary resources are created.