Omni International is leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and consumables for the life science, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries with over a 30-year history in the Atlanta area.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a knowledgeable and diligent Electrical Engineer to support development of circuit design and PCB layouts of electrical components for laboratory equipment and instrumentation. Ideal applicants should have a thorough understanding of electrical systems, schematic design, PCB layouts, and industry-standard software.
As part of the sustaining engineering team, you will ensure optimal quality of new and existing products; continuously optimize processes, procedures, and systems; support the electrical design of our products; participate in the successful and timely introduction of new products into production.
- Participate in design and development of electrical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Ability to read and understand electrical documentation.
- Work with the design team and product management in product life cycles, including documentation, drawing standards, Sign offs, revision control, testing, and other duties as assigned.
- Test, troubleshoot, and provide solutions to technical problems by developing preventative measures and supporting Tier levels internally and externally.
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering best practices through project/product life cycles, build processes, and process engineering.
- Programming languages such as C++, Python, PLC/ladder logic.
- Software experience in Solid works, ORCAD, AutoCAD, MATLAB, ALTIUM, and simulation software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of electrical or electromechanical experience.
- Ability to translate client requests into existing systems at optimal cost and time targets.
- 3+ years of practical experience in electrical engineering, circuit/PCB design, fabrication, and electrical testing fixtures a plus.
- IC programming using industry standard tools and languages.
- Understanding of electronic document control systems (PDM).
- Experience in a design and manufacturing environment certified to ISO 9001/13485.
- Lean Six Sigma and process optimization desired. (Black Belt or Green Belt)
- Ability to troubleshoot and assess electrical systems for FMEA, DFMEA, DMAIC.
- Motivated self-starter that proactively identifies areas in need of improvement.
- Collaborative and team-based approaches to problem solving.
- Capable of circuit simulation and schematic generation.
- Detail-oriented approach to design, including BOM and PCB layout accuracy using PCB design software.
- Proficient at reading and interpreting technical documentation.
- Strong decision-making skills, situational awareness, performance under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills with an emphasis on strong internal customer support.
- Understanding of EMI/RFI design requirements for products intended for electrical certification.
- Hands-on prototyping and testing.
- Functional knowledge of test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, DVM’s, etc…
- Valid driver’s license.
This position is full time located in Kennesaw, GA. Benefits include medical, dental, 401K and short & long-term disability.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.