Pentair currently has an opening for a Territory Sales Representative to join our Consumer Solutions team and oversee sales operations for commercial & residential markets in the Illinois and Massouri area. This person will report directly to a Regional Sales Manager, and is responsible for the revenue growth of Pentair Water Filtration Component products (which are purchased through authorized Distributor partners and sold to Dealers / end-users within the region). This person is also responsible for ensuring the fulfilment of all Dealer program requirements, as well as promotion of program benefits. This person will also work with the Channel Manager within their Region to develop distribution and dealer strategies that drive new sales and share growth through our distributor & dealer partners. The ideal candidate will be based in Illinois.
- Create career growth and rotational opportunities within various areas of the organization;
- Pay competitively;
- Provide on the job training and mentoring in Pentair’s proven best practices;
- Offer health benefits & coaching;
- Support your long term retirement goals through a competitive 401K matching and stock purchase plan;
- Offer employee discounts;
- Protect you with life insurance and other options;
- Tell you more about all the great benefits – just ask!
- Deliver results in achievement of sales quota in assigned territory through account growth responsibility and overall regional team growth.
- Develop annual strategic plans with best-in-class distributors that increase top line revenue, augment Pentair filtration solutions specification, and improve return on sales.
- Review distributors overall performance on a consistent basis (through quarterly, mid-year, and annual business reviews), identify areas of improvement and making changes where needed.
- Regularly partner with a group of distributors and dealers within a prescribed geographic territory (in collaboration with the Channel Manager).
- Work with Commercial and Residential consultants and regional End-Users (as well as water experts in those fields) to drive specification of Pentair solutions.
- Collaborate with dealer, distributor, and user organizations on a regular basis to keep them trained and informed about products, product lines, programs, and production capabilities.
- Work with our Key Accounts and OEM teams to enhance and support their sales strategies.
- Effectively manage utilization of CRM tools, both to manage personal opportunities as well as team opportunities, including closing marketing & tech-service generated leads).
- Participate in regional thought leadership events, including trade shows and industry events (including membership and active participation in boards such as WQA, CFESA, FSCI, SCAA, etc.).
· Travel approximately 60-80% of the time based on RSM direction and customer needs; locally and out-of-the-area.
· Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- Have earned at least a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience working in Outside Sales.
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
We like, but don’t require:
- Professional experience with selling finished goods / tangible products.
- Experience working with products in the water, fluid handling, and/or plumbing industries; understanding of Filtration and/or Membrane Separation technology is a plus.
- Extensive client-facing experience working with residential & commercial customers;
- Experience working with Indirect Sales environments, especially with Channel Partners and/or Distribution Networks, is strongly preferred; advanced ability to work in a 2-step distribution model (especially with Dealers, Installers, and/or Contractors) is a plus.
- Advanced ability to use relevant software programs (e.g. MS Office, Salesforce CRM, etc.)
- Proven experience demonstrating the following characteristics in a professional setting:
– Driven to win;
– Build a sense of shared purpose and vision;
– Build and sustains relationships;
– Inspire trust and open communication;
– Effectively negotiate when necessary;
– Formal presentation skills;
– Act with integrity.
More About Us:
At Pentair, we believe the health of our world depends on reliable access to clean water. We deliver the most comprehensive range of smart, sustainable water solutions to homes, business and industry around the world. Our industry leading and proven portfolio of solutions enables people, business and industry to access clean, safe water, reduce water consumption, and recover and reuse it. We help ensure water is clean when returned to the environment. Whether it’s for fitness and fun, healthier homes, better flood control, safer sky rises, more sustainable ways to farm, or safe drinking water for those who need it most, we won’t stop until the world’s water is managed the best way possible.
From approximately 130 locations in 34 countries, Pentair’s 10,000 employees are united in our unwavering belief that the future of water depends on us. Our 2017 revenue was $2.8 billion, and we trade under the ticker symbol PNR.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer