Position Title: Commercial Project Manager
Location: Rockford, IL
Department: Business Unit- Operations
Reporting To: Business Unit Manager
Responsible For (Staff): No
Manages designated customer projects and serves as primary relationship point-of-contact to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget while adhering to applicable regulations and protocol requirements. Supports maintaining exceptional client satisfaction and superior business performance metrics. Leads and plays an integral part in individual project success and provide PCI a competitive advantage in long-term customer management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for overall program management for assigned projects using appropriate project planning tools. Communicates milestones, critical path activities and assign internal and external responsibility to ensure the project achieves all deliverables per the customer requirements and agreed upon timeline.
- Serves as Primary customer contact for activities, including timeline, budget and customer expectation management and general inquiries.
- Provide support to Business Development as necessary with review of quotes and proposals for accuracy.
- Assist with customer Supply Agreements/Contracts during project development.
- Interpret and ensure compliance to purchasing authorization from the Supply Agreement.
- Collaborate with the customer to ensure correct application of components and artwork changes; verify pricing to quote and re-price if necessary; communicate price variances with management.
- Lead Project Team and Technical Kick Off Meetings for assigned projects.
- Forecast and manage project expenses in adherence with the project budget. Generate customer invoice/billing including supporting documentation.
- Review and approve internal customer-based specifications for packaging components and processes.
- Provide suggestions for packaging solutions in the areas of design and specification management.
- Coach, mentor, and supervise Associate Project Managers.
- Effectively facilitate a lessons learned at the conclusion of projects to ensure we capture best practices, receive constructive feedback, and develop solutions and action plans to make the next project a success.
- Understand and analyze contribution margin and gross margin for each project.
- Commit and meet budgetary objectives and communicate adjustments to Business Unit Manager.
- Establish and facilitate effective meetings and communication plan to ensure success of each project.
- Lead/Facilitate Quarterly Business Review meetings.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Manage customer visits to PCI.
- Training and onboarding of new employees within same role, as requested.
- This position may require overtime and/or weekend work.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all PCI, cGMP, and GCP policies, procedures, rules.
- Attendance to work is an essential function of this position
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
- Utilize key software platforms to facilitate client data reporting and project status.
- Stationary Position: Under a 1/4 of the day.
- Move, Traverse: From 1/4 to 1/2 of the day.
- Operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, or place: Up to 1/4 of the day.
- Install, place, adjust, apply, measure, use, or signal: Up to 1/4 of the day.
- Ascend/Descend or Work Atop:
- Position self (to) or Move (about or to): Up to 1/4 of the day.
- Communicate or exchange information: From 1/2 to 3/4 of the day.
- Detect, distinguish, or determine: Up to 1/4 of the day.
On an average day, the individual can expect to move and/or transport up to 10 pounds
less than 1/4 of the day.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or 3-5 years related experience and/or training.
- College Level Mathematical Skills
- Intermediate Computer Skills: Ability to perform more complex computer tasks and has knowledge of various computer programs.
- Full Professional Proficiency: Ability to speak, read, and write fluently and accurately on all levels pertinent to professional needs.
- Very High Reasoning: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in math or diagram form and deal with several abstract/concrete variables.
- Ability to travel
- May have Supervisory Responsibilities
- Ability to effectively present information to various people as the job requires.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to show success in managing employees.
- Ability to display a willingness to make decisions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled