PBDW Architects, a design-oriented, award-winning mid-sized firm in New York City, seeks a full-time Architectural Intern to join our team. Our practice spans a wide range of project types including educational, cultural, commercial, and residential and is equally distributed between new construction and design in historic contexts. PBDW provides a collaborative and supportive environment for individuals to excel professionally, offering mentorship and encouraging initiative and growth. We believe in a healthy work-life balance, and we continually strive for an equitable office culture.
The ideal candidate is exploring the possibility of pursuing a career in architecture. This position requires a minimum of 1 year of continuous full-time engagement. Working closely with the firm’s staff, the intern will be exposed to multiple aspects of architectural practice, including some of the following:
- Working with project teams to create and update schematic, design development and construction document drawings
- Creating and editing of in-house renderings
- Assisting in the development of marketing materials, including the creation and formatting of graphics for Requests for Proposals
- Collecting and organizing materials samples for projects
- Staff the office’s front desk during the lunch hour, including answering of phone
- Site visits to ongoing projects in construction
- Log and mark-up construction submittals and shop drawings
- Bachelor’s degree (non-professional), or pursuing a B.Arch or M.Arch degree and can commit to the one-year term of engagement prior to graduation. ( (Candidates who have already graduated with a B.Arch or M.Arch professional degree will not be considered for this position, and should instead apply for the junior architect position, if offered).
- Demonstrated interest in the field of architecture
- Proficiency in Sketchup and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Proficiency in Revit & AutoCAD preferred
- 3D modeling and 3D printing skills a plus
- Teamwork: The ability to work as part of team as well as independently in a collaborative, deadline-driven environment
- Communication: English proficiency required, both spoken and written
- Legal US work status required
Benefits: The firm offers a flexible, supportive working environment and a full benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan and paid vacation.
PBDW Architects is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and portfolio as a single pdf file (pdf 10MB limit) to Intern@pbdw.com.