We have an opening for a Business Development Coordinator.
This position may be located in New York or Los Angeles.
The Business Development Coordinator supports various practice and industry groups with their business development and marketing initiatives, pitch and proposal efforts, and the development of client relationships and new business opportunities, in addition to providing support for other BDev Department and Firm projects as assigned.
The Business Development Coordinator will report to the Business Development Manager.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Thoughtful preparation of pitch, proposal, and client meeting materials (talking points, research, etc.), offer recommendations on our approach, deliver tailored documents that tie into the proposed strategy and points of differentiation;
- Support practice-related events, seminars, and briefings (planning, marketing communications, logistics);
- Research and coordinate sponsorships to fully leverage benefits;
- Work with the Public Relations & Communications team in the implementation of communication strategies, including identifying hot topics in identified practice areas;
- Research, analyze, and report on high level market trends impacting clients and help identify new business opportunities as well as customized thought leadership responses and content-driven campaigns;
- Conduct research on companies, industries, relevant associations, and competitors related to pitches and other strategic initiatives;
- Gather intelligence on legal industry trends to provide an overview of the competitive landscape and explore opportunities;
- Plan, research, develop, and execute strategic plans and BD initiatives and activities;
- Collaborate with Global Business Development & Marketing team members across the Americas, Asia, and Europe on cross-practice integrated client outreach and digital marketing campaigns;
- Works with colleagues to support contact management efforts via Salesforce, InterAction, and other marketing tools (including contact updates, development of targeted marketing lists, tagging client activities, etc.);
- Maintain the business development and marketing databases;
- Track business development activities, including meetings, presentations, and pitches;
- Provide a high level of client service excellence to lawyers, professional services teams, and clients;
- Participate in Business Development & Marketing departmental cross-training;
- Work additional hours and travel as required; and
- Handle additional business development and marketing projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 2+ years of experience in legal or professional services industry (preferred);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Fundamental knowledge of CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce, InterAction) a plus;
- Proficiency in online research and internet resources;
- Research skills and ability to turn data into useful deliverables;
- Knowledge of the needs and expectations of law firm operations, partners, and clients; and
- Knowledge of marketing principles, procedures, concepts and practical applications.
Paul Hastings LLP is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Pursuant to local ordinances, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.