This position is responsible for improvements within value streams of responsibility, in line with yearly targets in the areas of Safety, Internal and External Quality, On-Time Delivery / Lead Time reduction, and Productivity. This position is a key member of the Value Stream leadership team responsible for ensuring day-to-day results and developing and executing data-supported, root cause focused action plans that support breakthrough KPI results aided by the implementation of LEAN (DBS) tools and practices.
In this role, the candidate will develop time management / prioritization skills, LEAN (DBS) knowledge & implementation leadership skills, project management skills (getting things done through others), enhanced technical skills, and effective leadership / communication skills, through driving day-to-day and yearly improvement results.
Although this is an individual contributor role, there are heavy “leadership” expectations that make this role ideal for someone looking to move into operations management positions as they advance in their career.
Provides technical daily support to the manufacturing floor including addressing documentation, process, and material flow gaps/opportunities.
• Lead the implementation of LEAN / DBS tools via formal/informal Kaizens to achieve and sustain improved levels of targeted performance.
o Provide technical expertise to support and facilitate daily manufacturing operations of assembly equipment.
• Interact directly with customers on quality issues and quality assurance issues.
• Act as project manager/owner for KPI improvement plans of responsibility, to including leading the Problem Solving Process (PSP), action plan development, execution assurance meetings, and sustainment tracking.
• Research and implement where appropriate, advanced technology solutions which help the value stream achieve breakthrough results in Safety, Quality, Delivery / Lead Time reduction, Inventory, and/or Productivity.
o Analyze manufacturing equipment and process flow utilizing continuous improvement methods.
o Develop manufacturing processes for new products and product changes.
o Develop and implement set-up reduction programs.
o Devise new solutions to existing manufacturing problems through assembly aids and processes.
o Evaluate layouts to improve material flows.
• Work with engineering, supervisors, purchasing, and continuous improvement team to prioritize projects.
• Travel domestically (US) and/or internationally up to 20%.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, and/or Aerospace Engineering or other related engineering field, required.
- Prior leadership development and experience leading a team is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to articulate technical and programmatic issues.
- Knowledge of lean principles, continuous improvement activities, project management, root cause analysis, and corrective action activities is an asset.
- Motivated and energetic self-starter with a focus on ‘hands-on’ troubleshooting and analysis of assembly equipment and processes.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, flexible and team-oriented.
- Problem Solving/Analysis skills and experience.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks through Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Project and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD. (Solidworks experience plus.)
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. US citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status, or U.S. Government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon Pall obtaining the necessary employment visa and export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the applicable U.S. government agency.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, effective with all levels of the organization.
- Effective presenter and communicator with external customers.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Must be able to work with a sense of urgency while maintaining safety & quality standards.
- Upward mobility driven.
- Ability to multitask / manage several projects at one time.
- Strong technical problem solving skills.
- Passion for LEAN/DBS/Kaizen implementation.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Understanding of unit operations, process equipment, and technology.
- Knowledge of business systems, engineering, manufacturing, and financial systems.
- Strong time management skills to balance day-to-day and “strategic” improvement responsibilities.
- Humble and self-aware.
- High energy and driven to WIN.