Entry-level engineering position available in our popular ODOT Graduate Program!
The ODOT Graduate Program is designed to help recent engineering graduates transition from student to full-time engineer. For up to 24 months, participants are provided rotational assignments within ODOT engineering disciplines. They are recognized as full-time, permanent employees, receiving a salary, a full benefits package and mentorship from a registered professional engineer (PE).
This can provide up to two years qualifying time toward obtaining PE licensure. Following successful completion of the 24-month program, participants transition into a full-time regular position in the discipline and crew of original hire.
We are recruiting for a program candidate in Salem to join our traffic engineering team. Our team ensures the safe and efficient movement of the traveling public, helps shape the traffic control of tomorrow and researches new traffic control applications. You will be exposed to a variety of disciplines including traffic signal timing or design, work zone traffic control, pavement markings, sign design, selecting traffic control devices, highway safety engineering, and safety countermeasures. Successful candidates may perform the following duties:
- Design permanent and temporary traffic control installations.
- Investigate locations for safety, such as high-crash locations.
- Choose appropriate traffic control measures to improve efficiency, safety and reliability for all transportation system users.
- Help establish statewide traffic engineering policies, guidance, and standards.
Applications will be considered from those who have graduated or are scheduled to graduate by June 2022.
What’s in it for you:
· Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
· Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
What we need:
· A bachelor’s degree in civil of transportation-related engineering (or degree expected by June 2022) OR the completion and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
· A valid driver license and acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
To learn more and to apply: