Entry-level engineering position available in our popular ODOT Graduate Program!
The ODOT Graduate Program is designed to help recent engineering graduates transition from student to full-time engineer. For up to 24 months, participants are provided rotational assignments within ODOT engineering disciplines. They are recognized as full-time, permanent employees, receiving a salary, a full benefits package and mentorship from a registered professional engineer (PE).
This can provide up to two years qualifying time toward obtaining PE licensure. Following successful completion of the 24-month program, participants transition into a full-time regular position in the discipline and crew of original hire.
We are recruiting for a program candidate in Roseburg to join our roadway engineering team. This important work includes:
- Preparing and designing the roadway engineering portion of plans and estimates for less complex transportation projects.
- Projects may involve highway pavement preservation, minor bridge replacements, multi-use pathways and bikeways or minor intersection modifications.
- Participating on multi-disciplinary project teams by providing technical and procedural guidance.
- Coordinating activities between roadway and other technical disciplines such as bridge, traffic, right-of-way, environmental, hydraulics, geology and survey.
Applications will be considered from those who have graduated or are scheduled to graduate by June 2022.
What’s in it for you:
· Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
· Live, work and play in Roseburg, Oregon!
What we need:
· A bachelor’s degree in civil of transportation-related engineering (or degree expected by June 2022) OR the completion and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
· A valid driver license and acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
To learn more and to apply: