Entry-level engineering position available in our popular ODOT Graduate Program!
The ODOT Graduate Program is designed to help recent engineering graduates transition from student to full-time engineer. For up to 24 months, participants are provided rotational assignments within ODOT engineering disciplines. They are recognized as full-time, permanent employees, receiving a salary, a full benefits package and mentorship from a registered professional engineer (PE).
This can provide up to two years qualifying time toward obtaining PE licensure. Following successful completion of the 24-month program, participants transition into a full-time regular position in the discipline and crew of original hire.
We are recruiting for a program candidate to join our pavement engineering team in Salem. In this role you will gain experience designing pavement for different weather conditions and load factors. Projects will provide the opportunity to work with multiple engineers from different disciplines to become a well-rounded designer. There is a great balance between office and field duties, and no two projects are the same, making it challenging and fun.
Duties will include:
• Preparing pavement designs for transportation projects.
• Visiting highways statewide to conduct data about pavement conditions.
• Performing, conducting and coordinating field and office engineering analysis.
• Assembling data and preparing technical reports detailing design and specification recommendations.
• Checking field data as well as the data/designs of others.
Applications will be considered from those who have graduated or are scheduled to graduate by June 2022.
What’s in it for you:
· Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
· Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
What we need:
· A bachelor’s degree in civil of transportation-related engineering (or degree expected by June 2022) OR the completion and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
· A valid driver license and acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
To learn more and to apply:
Visit www.odotjobs.com and search for REQ-77581 or click here. This posting closes at 11:59 p.m. on October 27, 2021. For question, please email email@example.com.