About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is an autonomous mobility service provider on a mission to drive the future of transportation. We develop and own the full AV tech stack and user experience–algorithms, software, hardware, and system integration–for autonomous, electric rides for communities near and far. We’re focused on driving innovation and delivering convenient, turnkey transportation services for master planned communities, corporate and academic campuses, and mixed use developments. We’re driven to create safe, sustainable, and equitable transportation solutions for all.
Optimus Ride is headquartered in the Boston Seaport District, not far from our old stomping ground at MIT. From the boardroom to the test track, our teammates (affectionately referred to as Optimists) bring deep industry and subject matter expertise, a collaborative and focused work ethic, and an optimistic outlook on the future of autonomous, sustainable, community-serving transportation.
As a Material Handler, you will be responsible for identifying and procuring the goods and services that Optimus Ride requires. You will be responsible for managing production and R&D inventory, kitting of parts and components, as well as basic mechanical inspection of parts.
- Accurate management of production inventory through Kanban or other systems
- Procure off the shelf materials from domestic and international suppliers
- Utilize and optimize the internal purchasing workflow
- Accurate and timely processing of purchase order and follow up
- Kitting and preparation of components and assemblies to support production requirements
- Conduct incoming inspection of mechanical and electrical components (measurements, visual inspections, lot tracking)
- Update and maintain supplier/item database
- Assist the hardware team with managing inventory levels, item receipt, RMA’s, and shipping between sites
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Exceptionally well-organized
- Integrity of character and attention to detail
- Clear communication and documentation skills
- Comfortable using spreadsheet tools such as Excel, Google Sheets, or equivalent
- Familiarity with mechanical inspection tools such as calipers and micrometers
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Experience with Netsuite
- Familiarity with prototyping suppliers
- APICS or Lean Six Sigma certification
- Project management experience
- (We are open to reviewing resumes of candidates who may not have these qualities yet, but demonstrate the potential to learn them on the job.)
Benefits and Working Environment
At Optimus Ride, we strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a world class working environment that is centered around the team. We nurture creativity and provide expansive opportunities for growth and development.
Optimus Ride provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.