The global ecosystem of manufacturing is experiencing fundamental change. Additive manufacturing is a key technology to shorten supply chains and create superior products in medical, cosmetic, textile, and packaging industries, as well as and many other domains.
OPT Industries (http://optindustries.com) is a rapidly growing, venture-backed MIT spinoff company that focuses on building the next generation of additive manufacturing technology. We design and manufacture custom textile materials and products – everything from medical devices to luxury fashion. As we continue to grow and expand our operation, we are looking for highly motivated individuals to join the R&D engineering team to bring innovative manufacturing solutions to our products.
Candidates should demonstrate a track record of successful engineering projects. Ideal candidates should be a self starter, team player, and proactively looking for new challenges. You will be working tightly across the product design, software, chemistry, and mechanical teams, and play an integral part in shaping the company’s growth as it continues to scale.
Your role will (not exclusively):
• Design, build and validate novel processes in additive manufacturing.
• Assist in development of novel textiles and materials for use in products like performance apparel, automotive, healthcare and cosmetic applicators, etc., using OPT proprietary technology.
• Define test plans to qualify new fibers, fabrics and materials.
• Document processing conditions, test results, and other critical data.
• Work cross-functionally with Software/Hardware teams to resolve causes of print defects.
• Interface with current and prospective customers alongside OPT’s business development team as a domain expert in textile performance and testing.
Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Textile Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry or Material Science; advanced degree preferred but not required
• Minimum three years of industry experience in materials testing and familiarity with either textile/cosmetic/medical product industry standards
• Experience in polymer processing is preferred;
• Experience in 3D printing a plus, stereolithography experience preferred;
• Familiarity with chemistry lab protocols required
• Strong problem-solving skills using rapid prototyping; Hands on experience developing effective proof-of-concept models；
• Effective communication, comfortable working collaboratively on projects;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
Attach your work sample/resume in the application. Please keep the PDF file size under 10mb or send a link to your online portfolio.