We are a fast-growing company with a single lofty goal: to bring personal aviation to the general public. Innovating at the leading edge of electric aviation technology, we have developed BlackFly, the world’s first ultralight all-electric fixed-wing VTOL personal aircraft. Join us in ushering in a new age of aviation.
- Ownership for multiple electronic assemblies on the aircraft throughout the design lifecycle.
- Create efficient production testing solutions for electronic assemblies.
- Design and carry out design validation testing for our electronics and sensors.
- Analyze electronics and components for failures in manufacturing and operations. Complete root cause analysis and implement fixes to improve yield, performance, and/or manufacturability.
- Test, characterize and iterate on existing designs, and develop innovative solutions to new problems.
- Develop hardware and firmware for projects related to power, propulsion, sensor and control systems.
- Assist in UAV flight testing both locally and at remote sites (some travel required).
- Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Strong understanding of analog and digital circuit design concepts
- Proficient at troubleshooting circuits with appropriate lab tools
- Proficient at test script writing capability, Python preferred
- Proficient at writing firmware (C/C++) for MCUs in embedded systems
- Experience with PCB layout and schematic design
- Experience with common communication protocols (SPI, UART, CAN)
- Experience taking at least one product through the entire development process
- Familiarity with brushless DC motor control, and lithium-based battery integration
- Familiarity GPS and UAV sensors
- Interest in RC planes, quadcopters, or aviation
- Resourceful, curious, and never satisfied with the status quo
- Always thinking about how to make things more efficient
- Thrive in a fast-moving, stimulating, and supportive team environment
- Strong work ethic and detail-oriented
- Love learning and being challenged
Opener is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Opener does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.