At Open Access Technology International, Inc. (OATI), your career is always on the move. Our employees have expertise across diverse verticals and technology platforms. OATI combines the agility of a small company with the stability of a large company, where we have built a nurturing and rewarding culture diligently over the last 26 years. Our work culture is collaborative and we encourage every Team Member to go beyond their defined roles and learn more. If you are looking for an energetic, challenging, and rewarding career, then OATI is the place to be! To learn more, please visit our website at www.oati.com.
OATI is currently looking for an innovative, creative, and problem solving Communications Specialist – Framework Development Group to join our growing team in Minneapolis, MN. An OATI Communications Specialist – Framework Development Group will help to improve a large number of OATI products as well as assist in designing new products. The Communications Specialist – Framework Development Group will gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and SMEs, quickly understand and evaluate user interface and experience for multiple complex systems, and execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to development. In addition, an OATI Communications Specialist – Framework Development Group will develop dashboard prototypes and interactive wireframes to guide application design, identify and troubleshoot UX problems, and adhere to style standards on fonts, colors, and images.
- This position requires a 2 or 4 year degree in Interaction Design, Communication Design, or related field
- Portfolio or personal website showing expert-level delivery of UI/UX projects
- 2-5 years’ experience designing UI for multiple form factors (mobile/tablet/desktop)
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite – especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe XD
- Deep understanding of UX process, such as researching, designing, prototyping, testing, etc
- Experience in creating site maps, wireframes, and prototypes
- Knowledge of mobile development platforms is a plus
- Experience in exporting assets for development
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- Microsoft Word Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solver
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Quantitative and user behavior analysis skills
- Acceptable background investigation report
- U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Local to MN
- Ability to provide stellar service while handling competing priorities
- A successful candidate must be highly self-motivated, a quick learner, comfortable with accountability, and demonstrate a passion and commitment to quality products and service
- Must be able to work as part of a team under the guidance of senior staff and/or management
OATI offers part-time employment up to 40 hours a week with the potential to become full time following a 90 day probationary period. Full-time employment includes competitive salary and benefits, a 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off, and excellent health and dental insurance programs. OATI prides itself on providing a stable, supportive environment for career development with opportunities for future growth and promotion within the company. Applicants must be self-motivated, energetic, and willing to work in a team-oriented company.
To apply please send resume to:
OATI is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, or protected Veteran status.
OATI is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact the Personnel Services Department at 763.201.2000 x 1262 or email@example.com.