1 | OVERVIEW:
The Field Engineer Internship is a rotational program in each of the following departments at One Energy: Research and Development (R&D), Project Planning and Technology, and Construction.
2 | ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the construction of Wind for Industry® projects. Regular physical work is required, including climbing wind turbine towers.
- Aid in the development and execution of wind resource assessments and energy production estimates
- Research and analyze potential methodology updates
- Aid in the development of software and other tools used by multiple departments
- Aid in the design and execution of data campaigns using One Energy’s instrumentation
- Research and assess the viability of potential new Wind for Industry® customers
- Participate in creating technical reports for development and operation activities
- In addition to departmental responsibilities, interns will be given an individual summer-long project to complete and present to the company.
3 | ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports to the head of the department within rotation; no supervisory responsibilities
4 | SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- In progress of obtaining a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering with a basic understanding of fundamental engineering technology and tools
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, work ethic, and ability to work in an entrepreneurial, unstructured environment
- Willingness to explore concepts outside of their chosen field
- Comfortability solving problems that have never been solved
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel; 3D Drawing software and programming experience a plus