Office of the State Treasurer and Receiver General
Department: Human Resources (HR)
Reports To: Deputy Chief of HR
Job Title: Human Resources Administrative & Training Assistant
About the Office of the Massachusetts State Treasurer and Receiver General (“Treasury”)
Our mission is to manage and safeguard the State’s public deposits and investments through sound business practices for the exclusive benefits of our citizens, and perform these duties with integrity, excellence, and leadership. Additionally, we strive to provide economic opportunity, stability, and security for every Massachusetts resident.
We are committed to excellence in recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse and qualified individuals. We value the culture of diversity and professionalism in the workplace, and strongly believe that our workforce should reflect our community.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Primary responsibility will be to assist and support the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department while ensuring that all human resources functions are following established laws, rules, policies, regulations, and contractual agreements. Responsible for delivery of training and development programs. The HR Administrative & Training Assistant acts as liaison with other Treasury departments and provides a customer focused and effective HR support service to the Treasury to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the HR Department in day-to-day activities and prioritizing tasks.
- Perform human resources functions such as assisting in the following: preparing and posting vacancies, planning recruitment activities, workforce analytical reports, annual personnel report, metric driven reports and administering pre-employment tests as required.
- Conducts new employee orientations and exit interviews. Ensures that new employee have a successful onboarding experience. Notifies Director when exit information reveals issues that require a follow-up.
- Performs special projects/tasks including, but not limited to, e-mailing, writing/sending correspondence, scheduling, maintaining spreadsheets, preparing meeting agendas and taking minutes.
- Manages scheduling and correspondence with employment and internship applicants.
- Coordinates Employee Orientations and trainings as directed.
- Prepares paperwork needed to create new employee files.
- Maintains employee files, ensuring that they are up to date and complete.
- Initiate new innovative strategies in training programs.
- Create training course schedules and training timetables.
- Create written and visual training materials used to guide trainees.
- Run and communicate reports on events and training programs.
- Manages security of sensitive and confidential information, data, and files.
- Always maintains confidentiality of employee’s files/data both electronic and paper.
- Maintains confidentiality of information gained from conversations or by other means that relates to employees.
- Complies with all regulations, laws and statutes governing the employee-employer relationship. Keeps abreast of regulation and changes.
- Coordinates communication or events with other department assistants at direction of Chief or Deputy Chief of HR.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains scheduling obligations for HR related activities and trainings.
- Completes other administrative tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- MS Office, particular proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Multi-task effectively and independently.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
· Ability to review and compare like data for accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
· Ability to perform mathematical calculations using formulas to solve problems.
· Ability to use a computer to conduct research, manage databases, and produce written documents.
· Ability to gather information by examining documents and interviewing others.
· Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of data, draw conclusions, and make appropriate recommendations.
· Ability to assemble items of information in accordance with established procedures.
· Ability to adapt to varying work situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associate degree with at least 2 years of full time or equivalent part-time professional experience in Human Resources. Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or related field preferred.
Not the job for you? That is okay! Join our Talent Network and receive emails when new positions open at Treasury.