Overview: Ocular Therapeutix, Inc. (NASDAQ: OCUL) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative therapies for diseases and conditions of the eye using its proprietary hydrogel platform technology. Our product pipeline candidates are designed to provide differentiated drug delivery solutions that reduce the complexity and burden of the current standard of care by creating sustained release alternatives. It is our intention to develop a product portfolio to overcome the issues of patient compliance and adherence by providing means of more consistent and reliable drug dosing.
The Research & Development Co-Op shall provide lab and engineering support to early-stage pipeline projects involving sustained therapeutic delivery of drugs from hydrogels. The position is set in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment and shall require the individual to work on a broad range of tasks. The position requires mobility and some physical ability to set up and work with equipment.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in designing and executing formulation and process development studies using Ocular’s proprietary PEG technology
· Support formulation and process development for drug loaded and placebo microparticles as needed
· Help characterize and model sustained in vitro therapeutic release of biologics and small molecule pharmaceuticals
· Work with project teams to develop and implement novel test methods
· Evaluate and identify process bottlenecks and inefficiencies and propose solutions
· Source and select research equipment
· Maintain inventory and order general lab supplies, chemicals, equipment parts, etc.
· Maintain a laboratory notebook for R&D studies
· Provide general support to R&D laboratory operations and safety practices
· Analyze, summarize, and present data in R&D team meetings
· Other duties may be assigned
Education: Currently pursuing a BS in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Material Science, Chemistry or related field.
Knowledge/Skill: Must have the ability to work with people of various educational backgrounds, must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, and should have some research lab experience.