APPLY HERE: https://forms.gle/gHUmiT6zWuDY3d2y8
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Duration: 4 months minimum
Eligibility: Must qualify for the NYSERDA Clean Energy Internship program. i.e.: Currently attending or have attended a degree or certificate program at a college or university located in New York State within the last 12 months as of the date of the intern application and New York State residents attending or who have attended a college or university outside of New York State within the last 12 month as of the date of the intern application. New York State residency, with proof of residency such as rental agreement or utility bills, must have been established prior to the start of the internship. (Additional location requirement listed below.)
Our mission: Make cities more responsive, so they are safer, healthier, and more equitable for the people who live in them.
Numina makes a hardware and software platform that uses computer vision to help urban planners and municipal governments design better (safer) streets and public places. We sense bicycle, pedestrian, and other street traffic, and convert this data into real-time intelligence — without surveillance — to enable all sorts of partners in automation, autonomy, and development in the public right-of-way. We are looking for passionate people who would like to join us as we pursue our shared vision of more responsive cities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO HERE:
- Apply visual design to marketing materials, such as a deck or one-pager
- Create graphics for emails, blog posts, and/or social media
- Design customer onboarding booklet (and possible short video)
- Work with sales team for communication design as needed
WHO YOU ARE:
- Be currently pursuing or have recently graduated with a BA or MS degree in communication design, graphic design, or able to present a portfolio of equivalent experience
- Be a solid analytical, creative, and visual thinker with strong communication skills
- Be able to structure and deliver presentations to the internal team
- Be familiar with business-oriented communication styles
- Be able to work from established brand guidelines
- Be able to handle multiple priorities
- Be able to give and take feedback graciously
- Bonus: Interest in urban planning, transportation/mobility, cartography, and/or data privacy
- Bonus: Experience in data visualization
- Bonus: Experience in CSS/HTML and/or WordPress
- Bonus: Experience creating videos and other multimedia
- Bonus: Experience with digital illustration
WHO WE ARE:
We strive to be a team of positive, open-minded, respectful, resilient, dedicated, accountable, logical, creative, and empathetic people. We spend our days building an amazing product that makes a real difference in the world. We are a remote-first, distributed team, with an optional office in Brooklyn, New York. We are committed to seeking and sustaining diverse perspectives on our team.
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you, even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Numina, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
We are backed by investors including betaworks, Shasta Ventures, Elemental Excelerator, URBAN-X (MINI BMW), and accomplished entrepreneur-angels. Past projects have been supported by The Clinton Foundation, The Knight Foundation, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. We are a small, mission-driven company that is growing quickly. If you’d like to join our laser-focused and fast-paced team, we enthusiastically invite you to apply.