About the Department
Our Cambridge Innovation Center is an extension of our Novo Nordisk Research Center Seattle, Inc. (NNRCSI). We apply cutting-edge technologies to early R&D projects with the goal of bringing real change to People with Diabetes and Obesity. Your skills, dedication and ambition will help us change lives for the better. In exchange, we’ll offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary talent, continuously learn and develop, and drive change to defeat diabetes and other serious chronic conditions.
The team is comprised of collaborative, diverse and passionate people who have a true sense of pride in their work and are committed to helping others grow and develop their careers. You’ll also have a platform to engage with key stakeholders on a global scale throughout the entire pipeline process. And while changing the future of diabetes and obesity treatment is no easy task, we also recognize the importance of an enjoyable workplace, which is why we’ve cultivated a culture of fun, ingenuity and innovation. And our competitive compensation package and support of a healthy work-life balance all add to a best-in-class employee experience. We are changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
The Manager R&D Business Development (BD) will have responsibility for evaluating external growth opportunities and, where appropriate, executing transactions to access the assets of interest. The Manager R&D BD regularly interfaces with therapeutic area heads, search and evaluation, alliance management, and senior management. This position is at the epicenter of the evolving R&D landscape and is critical in helping identify, evaluate, and weigh-in on opportunities in the marketplace. This position will be physically located in the Cambridge area.
The Manager – R&D Business Development will be a member of the global transactions group headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (MA). The Manager will report to theSenior Director, R&D Business Development. Key stakeholders include, employees located in Novo Nordisk A/S, members of executive management, members of management in Research and Development and Global Drug Discovery (GDD), as well as stakeholders located within Novo Nordisk US Research locations. External collaborators include, industry peers and executives, and academic researchers.
- Lead cross-functional evaluations of all aspects of therapeutic drug programs from preclinical through clinical stages across the relevant assessment areas: proposed clinical benefit, mechanism, preclinical data, manufacturing, regulatory strategy, clinical development path, intellectual property and commercial potential
- Participate as a team member sitting in internal and external meetings (as appropriate) and supporting work to assist in negotiations in business transactions
- As Project Manager, lead diligence teams effectively with legal, finance, commercial, clinical and scientific teams to ensure all necessary the necessary inputs to make business development proposals to senior management
- As a member of a team, consider broad corporate priorities and participate in strategy planning for financial investment trade-off decisions
- Work closely with R&D and R&D leadership to put together business cases/PowerPoint presentations for each opportunity, this involves understanding and communicating how they will fit into the broad corporate priorities
10-20% overnight travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree (MBA) strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology organizations required; Advanced degree may be substituted for experience as appropriate
- Strong communication and leadership skills necessary to effectively lead diligence teams
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport with therapeutic and functional area leaders
- Strong analytical skills required to provide sound inputs into financial evaluations
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to identify and prioritize risks across functional areas, weigh those appropriately with benefits of investment, and effectively
- Ability to successfully navigate internal dynamics
- Experience working in a matrix organization preferred
- Ability to motivate other to advance goals and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects or roles in a rapidly evolving environment
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.