About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Strategy, Finance, and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk’s short and long-term planning, the Strategy, Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends, and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
IT Architecture at Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) is responsible for supporting solution & project implementation, by maintaining an enterprise-wide view and a deep understanding of technology and business needs. The IT Architect will ensure that new technology solutions effectively establish new business capabilities and that current solutions are fully optimized.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Evaluating new technical solutions for appropriate business, technology, and architectural fit within Novo Nordisk
- Evaluating new technologies in support of Novo Nordisk’s business
- Understand the relationships between business processes within Novo Nordisk, and how technology is and can be leveraged for greater effectiveness
- Support the standardization of platforms and interfaces across systems, including user identity, APIs, and automation
This position reports to the Director IT Architecture. This person will interact with IT business support teams, infrastructure/operations, security, and global architecture teams within the IT function. This person will interact with key business and vendor/solution provider stakeholders.
- Analyses & Fulfills Business Needs
- Partners with business leaders to ensure that solutions are sustainable and assist with the organizational change management process
- Serves as a valued advisor to stakeholders by anticipating needs and developing solutions that are aligned with business strategies
- Leverages Technology Principles, Knowledge & Practices
- Develops and communicates polices, standards, guidelines and procedures
- Conducts research to current with new and emerging technologies that may be applicable to the business environment
- Recommends appropriate technology to the IT organization to meet the business need while seeking to maximize reuse of existing technologies
- Provides advice and guidance to stakeholders about how technology can integrate and support business processes
- Utilizes deep technology understanding to ensure solutions are implemented in an effective and efficient way
- Recommends, evaluates and implements software, and evaluates software performance to ensure smooth operations
- Drive advancements within the IT Architecture area including, but not limited to, application integration, IT project solution reviews, application consolidation and IT Architecture optimizations
- Understands & Applies Risk Management Practices
- Ensure recommended solutions used are robust and sustainable
- Builds Relationships & Influences Key Stakeholders
- Builds trusting, collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, which help accomplish key business objectives
- Develops and communicates strong, fact based rationales to build support for ones perspectives and initiatives
0-10% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field required. Solid relevant experience may be substituted when appropriate
- A minimum of 1+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Cloud platform architecture and design. E.g. salesforce.com, Amazon web services, Azure
- API and API gateway management, governance, and design
- Adaptive application design
- Data design and integration
- Mobile application development
- Data management and analytics tools such as MongoDB, Hadoop, NoSQL, Redshift
- User & identity management, governance, and federation
- Strong general business understanding and IT architecture skills
- Significant experience with evaluating and implementing new technologies
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal relationships
- Ability to lead a project in the development and implementation of processes and programs
- Ability to understand the architecture of systems and how applications integrate into those systems. Ability to work effectively as a member of a solution development team
- Ability to work independently
- Critical thinking required
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.